Is there any way to get streaming video?

roberts0915

Nov 24, 2010
I do not have extended cable tv at home and as such my daughter misses shows she enjoyed watching such as America's Next Top Model. I bought the Augen Gentouch to give her for Christmas hoping it would give her an alternative to watch these shows. I've been playing with it for 3 days now because I wanted to make sure I understood it before I gave it to her, and when I click on an episode of America's Next Top Model on the CW site it tells me my 'phone' is not set up for streaming video. Is there any download that will fix this. It's a very fun little unit but defeats the purpose I really need it for if she can't watch her shows on it. I appreciate all and any help.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are apps, but the problem is your Augen is not the best processor/chipset to run these apps. Thus, you can find TV apks. but likely will not work.

ZHkilla

Nov 25, 2010
The augen was not the tablet you would have needed for that type of use. See it is 2.1 eclair based which doesn't support flashplayer which most of the sites are today. You would need to get a android tablet that is 2.2 froyo. Froyo and eclair are the OS android builds, froyo being the newest. Hope that helps you. Also even though there are custom roms out to replace the build within your phone, the internal hardware of this tablet will never have a flash capable rom made for it in the future. My advice to you is to look for another android tablet with froyo 2.2 on it.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Android Tablet Forum App

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
While the tab may not be your best choice, the fact it has only 2.1 doesnt' prevent you from streaming flash sites.

Download the Skyfire browser and see if it works. It provides flash capabilities to devices that lack them., Haven't test it with the CW site, but I can tell you it works with with CBS and other network sites, as well as other sites that use flash.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
I have tested the Skyfire browser and found it to be pretty hit-or-miss when it comes to handling Flash sites.

If the OP can hold off on a purchase, I'd say wait a few months; there are a lot of changes happening right now and I expect we'll see some really great new tablets by around March or so.