Not open for further replies.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
There are three apps I really want on my NC (which I do plan to root):

Zinio
Netflix
Dropbox

From my research here I shouldn't have problems installing Zinio now that the new app for 2.2 is out, correct? I will need a custom 2.3 rom to run Netflix. How about Dropbox?

Can't wait to get my NC!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Dropbox works with all versions. Netflix is Android 2.2 and up so you don't even have to use a custom ROM if you do't want to. The latest B&N is v1.2 which is Android 2.2, so you can root that and run Netflix. I do reccommend a custom ROM such as CM7 or its varients though for the best tablet experience. If you go with a custom ROM you do not need to root first.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
A woman mod....how exciting, even if she doesn't have a nook yet and she is asking questions instead of answering them! Wellcome to the nook forum nonetheless Sue and when you get yourself a horse , please come visit my lands( off-topic discussion and just screenshots)!
Looking forward to that
Gloria
Ps: no JP, I'm not in a bad mood!

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
There are three apps I really want on my NC (which I do plan to root):

Zinio
Netflix
Dropbox

From my research here I shouldn't have problems installing Zinio now that the new app for 2.2 is out, correct? I will need a custom 2.3 rom to run Netflix. How about Dropbox?

Can't wait to get my NC!

Sue all three work with cm7 - cant say for sure with rooted stock but others may have experience with it

Another good ap you might like is news360 a news aggregator that organizes everything neatly

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
A woman mod....how exciting, even if she doesn't have a nook yet and she is asking questions instead of answering them! Wellcome to the nook forum nonetheless Sue and when you get yourself a horse , please come visit my lands( off-topic discussion and just screenshots)!
Looking forward to that
Gloria
Ps: no JP, I'm not in a bad mood!

I'm no stranger to Android tablets or rooting, just new to the Nook! Loving it so far though! :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Sorry Sue, I thought you were a girl but may be you are a boy with a girl name so it' s not as exciting to have you as a mod, we got the boys mod already . As J P said the nook color is android 2.2 so if you are not stranger to android you are no stranger to nook color and you shouldn' t have any problem to root it. Have fun with it and please feel free to ask if you need anything, we always had and still have great mods here at nook forum!Gloria( a girl with the name of a girl)

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sorry Sue, I thought you were a girl but may be you are a boy with a girl name so it' s not as exciting to have you as a mod, we got the boys mod already.

Gloria( a girl with the name of a girl)

And you're absolutely certain that avi, darmeen, faceman, J5150P, Spider and l_n are all boys?:)

Ha ha ha... oh you two are so funny, just cracking me up :p

JP

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
According to my husband I am very much a woman. ;)

J515OP I LOATHE that song..LOL

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
According to my husband I am very much a woman. ;)

J515OP I LOATHE that song..LOL

I can see why ;) No offense intended just a little bit of teasing. It is not often I have an opprtunity to use a Johnny Cash video as a punch line :D

Don't forget to post a screen shot over in Gloria's thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-themes-wallpapers/8547-just-screenshoots.html and one in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/5086-nookcolor-owners-thread.html.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Let me rejoice Sue....we got a woman mod! But now Spider,you bad boy- girl........you got me confusef. Let me think.....IP is a boy,I know his name and so is Avi. Darmeen is a he, I know his name and I miss him and so is Rico, I mean a he.....he come across through his thread very mucho and I know his name, definitely a boy and I miss him too. Local Stain as well a he, his video choises over at off- topic discussion are very manly. Moshe has a pic, he is a he an so is Schnodz, I watched his video with his pigs. Anima Technica is Greek so he is a he,no girls in Greece. But you, you Spider you might be a Spider- girl , now you make me think of it.......yes I remember when I first saw you on the forum you were just going around opening threads and asking questions as Sue does.I can' t believe I showed you my naked pics, hope you are old enough to look at naked girls!

Gloria
Ps. I don' t have a husband, at least not anymore, he lasted only six months but I don' t need no man to feel I am a woman.....men are just good to use foe sex and to keep you warm in bed in winter and to root your nook.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Gloria,
I'm not sure there's any cause to rejoice, Sue probably won't let you post your pictures either.:)

BTW You were right, Sue is the only woman mod for this section of the forum. The rest of us are guys who were old enough to look at those pictures the day we were born. (Although society might not agree with that.)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Spider, I don' t really want to post any picture of me naked, so I guess I wont have any problem with Sue. You paint me like a freak who goes around the internet flashing people.....I posted one naked pic and I had a reoson for that and after few days I erased it, nobody made me. But before that somebody censoreded a a picture where I was fully clothed....an idiot? A mistake?Gg

Status
Not open for further replies.