Is this tablet any good? Mach Speed Trio

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I received this as a gift and I know nothing about Android or Tablets. Is thing decent?

Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 7C Internet Tablet - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 7 Multi-Touch, 1.2GHz Processor, 512MB DDR3, 4GB Storage, WiFi at TigerDirect.com

How much better are the tablets that are $200 or more?

Welcome to the forum!

It is only a 4 GB tablet. The OS is going to take a good 1 GB of space, so you will be down to 2.5-3 GB for your apps, music, movies etc. Not much space. Also, this is not officially supported by Google, so you cannot get apps via the Play Store. You will have to rely on other app stores like Amazon, Getjar and AppBrain. Also, you will proably never see a firmware update for this tablet. OS updates are the responsibility of the tablet maker, not Google.

Comparing to the Nexus 7 for $199: 16 GB of space (about 12.5-13 GB usable), Quad Core 1.3 GHZ processor (vs 1.2 GHz single core), 1280x800 resolution (vs 800x480). 1GB RAM (vs 512MB). Nexus 7 also runs Android 4.2 and has multi-user logins so you can have your apps and settings, and someone else can have their own apps and settings on the same tablet and not need to access your info.

Yes, this tablet has a USB port and a storage card slot. Most tablets do not allow you to move apps to the external.

IMO, the Nexus 7 is the best value for the money for a tablet. Period. Heck, for $250 you can get a 32 GB one.

abodyfarm

Feb 2, 2013
Welcome to the forum!

It is only a 4 GB tablet. The OS is going to take a good 1 GB of space, so you will be down to 2.5-3 GB for your apps, music, movies etc. Not much space. Also, this is not officially supported by Google, so you cannot get apps via the Play Store. You will have to rely on other app stores like Amazon, Getjar and AppBrain. Also, you will proably never see a firmware update for this tablet. OS updates are the responsibility of the tablet maker, not Google.

Comparing to the Nexus 7 for $199: 16 GB of space (about 12.5-13 GB usable), Quad Core 1.3 GHZ processor (vs 1.2 GHz single core), 1280x800 resolution (vs 800x480). 1GB RAM (vs 512MB). Nexus 7 also runs Android 4.2 and has multi-user logins so you can have your apps and settings, and someone else can have their own apps and settings on the same tablet and not need to access your info.

Yes, this tablet has a USB port and a storage card slot. Most tablets do not allow you to move apps to the external.

IMO, the Nexus 7 is the best value for the money for a tablet. Period. Heck, for $250 you can get a 32 GB one.

Thanks for that info. I guess it is mostly just going to be used for surfing and watching youtube videos. It was a gift, so I can't complain to much.

angelshadow

Feb 26, 2013
I just bought one, and so far i think it works great!
It can't use google play, but there are plenty of other app places to download from.
The media viewing quality is great, and the camera works good, with hardly any blurring.