is this tablet some kind of aishuo a820?

gneffio

Jan 31, 2012
hi all! this is my first post here ;)

i've bought this xmas an android tablet for my mother, she's not on pc world or even smartphone, but she loves the tablet (dunno why =D).
after this month she went more comfortable whit her tablet and now she want to install some app from the maarket BUT... most of the app are not installable, i even can't find them on the market from the tablet...i think it could be an issue of the rom installed on it.
this is the the tablet Twilight - Android 2.3 Tablet with 8 Inch Capacitive Touchscreen (1.2GHz CPU, Flash10.4, WiFi, Camera, 3G support) - US$ 199.99s you can see it's equal to the a820 and it's called s1 (A820+).

there are some specs
model number: Full Android on s5pv210

android vers.: 2.3.1

kernel vers.: 2.6.35.7-bena-a2p3+bena@bena #1193

buld numb.:GINGERBREAD.eng.version=bena-20111108_194924

i've searched for somethings like this but i'm not on android tablet so i don't know what even to search :)

can someone help me to get all from my tablet?

enjoy,
Ignazio

gneffio

Jan 31, 2012
Did you purchase from Lightinthebox ? If so may have the chinese version of market installed so suggest you search google for 'download android market.apk' copy to an sd card and install from there, or, go to https://market.android.com/?hl=en and download market from there. Don't forget to delete market from android first

Keith
ok, tnks :) somethighs is solved... i can actually find facebook (before downloading the new version i wasn't able to find it) but still can't download it cos it says "your device isn't compatible whit this app" (or somethings like this...i translate it from italian =D)... a little step forward!

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
There's an excellent video at

This is the process

1. Use microsd card
  2. Download firmware and copy to MicroSD card
  3. Insert MicroSD card into Tablet
  4. Plug Tablet into AC Adapter (make sure Tablet is off)
  5. Place Tablet facing you with Buttons toward Right Hand
  6. Press and Hold the two buttons furthest away from Camera
  7. Let go of both buttons when a Triangle w/ Green Android appears
  8. Hold Middle Button then Click Bottom Button (farthest away from camera)
  9. Wait till 4 choices appear
  10. Select the 2nd Option "Apply update from /sdcard" by using the top button (closest to camera) to move up and use the bottom button (farthest from camera to move down)
  11. Press the middle button to enter the selection
  12. Select 2nd option "external_tfcard/"
  13. Navigate to where the firmware was saved and select the file
  14. And allow system to run through update
  15. Select Reboot
  16. Select Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

gneffio

Jan 31, 2012
Tanks a lot! But, before i update this... is there a chance to install a version of honeycomb or even the icecream sandwich?!?!

Inviato dal mio Full Android on S5PV210 usando Tapatalk

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Tanks a lot! But, before i update this... is there a chance to install a version of honeycomb or even the icecream sandwich?!?!

Inviato dal mio Full Android on S5PV210 usando Tapatalk

gneffio -
Please see our post regarding this information in the other thread.
We've done our best to clear up some of the speculation and the thought process behind it.
If you should have any other questions, please feel free to ask at any time and we'll help if we can.