Is your Augen Gentouch78 (2nd edition) running slow?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Just to confirm I installed the z4root APK (selected permanent root access), and was able to download a Set CPU app. This tablet is a lot faster now, and I haven't seen any delay problems as before. The CPU is set very slow for this tablet, but now that I am able to force the CPU... it's like light and day now.

DROIDGIRL

Jan 19, 2011
Hi Feverhost, thanks for this heads up. What is your CPU setting now & how does it impact battery life?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I have it set at 600Mhz, and yes it does reduce battery life. Although it forces the tablet to be a lot quicker. I downloaded an app that tests the processing power, and before the tweak... the Gentouch78 runs at about 300Mhz - 400Mhz... in my tests, of the tablet that I have. So... quite a lot slower than what it could be running at.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If there is a on-demand governor available, you can just tweak the up threshold to something like 65% to boost the CPU without locking it at 600 MHz.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
My Gentouch78 became nearly nonoperational due to it being so slow. I therefore did a factory reset, and it's very fast again. I had way too many apps running, and a quick reset fixed a lot of my issues.