Is your Augen Gentouch78 (2nd edition) running slow?

Discussion in 'Augen Gentouch' started by feverhost, Jan 30, 2011.

1. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    Just to confirm I installed the z4root APK (selected permanent root access), and was able to download a Set CPU app. This tablet is a lot faster now, and I haven't seen any delay problems as before. The CPU is set very slow for this tablet, but now that I am able to force the CPU... it's like light and day now.

2. DROIDGIRL

DROIDGIRL Member

Hi Feverhost, thanks for this heads up. What is your CPU setting now & how does it impact battery life?

3. feverhost

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    I have it set at 600Mhz, and yes it does reduce battery life. Although it forces the tablet to be a lot quicker. I downloaded an app that tests the processing power, and before the tweak... the Gentouch78 runs at about 300Mhz - 400Mhz... in my tests, of the tablet that I have. So... quite a lot slower than what it could be running at.

4. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    If there is a on-demand governor available, you can just tweak the up threshold to something like 65% to boost the CPU without locking it at 600 MHz.

5. feverhost

Tablet / Device:
    My Gentouch78 became nearly nonoperational due to it being so slow. I therefore did a factory reset, and it's very fast again. I had way too many apps running, and a quick reset fixed a lot of my issues.