Is your touch screen responsive?

anduser

Nov 1, 2010
I know alot of the current tablets are resistive - those of you who have one:

a. Can you use your finger instead of a stylus? By finger I mean the finger itself, not using just the nails.

b. Is there a big lag or hard to click?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
mine (haipad 701) works ok, similar to my blackberry storm, not as fast as my droid response wise but usually depends on cleanliness of my finger - i opt for using a gameboy stylus as i find it easier to do fine picking - my issue is when i try to scroll, it is too sensitive and takes the flocking movement as a press

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
cruz macho reader: generally good finger responce..problem is that some letters have more than one type set and fat fingers will make it ask which one do you want..they do make a case with a minikeyboard, sold on ebay for 7" 16x9 display pads.usb attachment... then theres no problem..$24-30 pp

Oct 2, 2010
I have a resistive screen on my Archos 5IT. Honestly, it acts just like a capacitive screen, except I can use a fingernail to type - or Swype too. It's very responsive.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
My Haipad M701-R screen is very responsive to light finger presses, but it doesn't always interpret swiping/scrolling with a finger (thinks you're clicking), so a fingernail works better for that.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
I use an old dried-up felt pen as a stylus - much better than my fingernail, but still not perfect. I guess I have been spoiled by the capacitive screen on my iPod Touch...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
My Huawei S7 seems great, best touch screen I have used. Only very occasionally need to use a stylus.