Issues with bluetooth and wireless

teh_willis

Jul 28, 2011
I'm having some weird issues with my Ziio. I just got it a little over a week ago, upgraded it to 2.2 first and then loaded Last.fm, and some other apps. I'm using bluetooth to pair it with a Creative Labs D200 bluetooth speaker. The issue I'm having is whenever I'm using bluetooth it seems to interfere with the wireless. If I use tunein to listen to a radio stream, it will work for a while, but if I try to do something else that uses wireless, like browse the web for example, I can't seem to get to any webpages. Shortly after trying to browse the web the radio stream stops and can't reconnect. I still have good signal strength with the wireless, but can't get anywhere with it. If I disconnect the bluetooth speaker, everything starts working again right away. I get the same issue with Last.fm, although it seems to be much worse. Sometimes I may even have to turn off bluetooth completely to get it working again. I have an ipod touch, Dell laptop and an Asus transformer tablet that I use with the speaker as well, and none of these devices seem to have the same issue - they can use bluetooth and wireless at the same time without any problems. Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions?

teh_willis

Jul 28, 2011
Can someone with either bluetooth speakers or bluetooth headphones test this for me? I just want to see if I'm unlucky or if other people with Ziio's have this same issue with bluetooth and wireless. I just need someone to use either the tunein app or last.fm app to stream music while paired bluetooth speakers or a headset and see if it works fine or not.

Thanks.

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
Would try this once, if I just had BT devices. :( Haven't been to Canada since 2002 so I can't borrow the headphones from you either. :D

Derek_Jones

Dec 13, 2011
I have the exactly the same issue; Bluetooth and wireless do not operate reliably at the same time.
Individually they work fine; streaming music from the internet - no problem. Playing music locally stored on the Ziio over Bluetooth, no problem. But playing streamed music over Bluetooth headphones just does or work. One or the other will drop out.
Haven't found a way round it yet.
Does anybody else have this issue?