Issues with video seeking on sdcard

zzzdeejay

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

I have a Zenithink C91 running the 06/02 version of ICS from the Zenithink website. I have recently bought a 32gb card to store all my data on and have noticed that if I copy a video onto my sdcard when playing it I can't seek to later in the movie file. This happens with all the video playing software I try (MoboPlayer etc...).

If I have the same file on a different sdcard (2gb) or on an attached usb flash drive I can seek without issue.

I really want to work out whether this is an issue with the device not being able to use 32gb properly or whether it's a duff sdcard??

I know there is a later version of ICS available from Zenithink (11/02) but don't want to have to go through the faff of upgrading if I don't have to.

Has anyone had similar issues or help??

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What Class of Card is the 32Gb? I have discovered you can get this problem if the card is a slower (Class 4) versus a faster (Class 6 or 10) card.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It will be on the advert or on the label. Otherwise, if you bought a cheap one, it will be Class 4. The symbol is a Big C with the number inside.

zzzdeejay

Feb 14, 2012
Yeah, the card says its a class 10 but I'm not convinced. Thanks for the tip on the app, will give it a try and what results I get.

zzzdeejay

Feb 14, 2012
If anyone else has this problem is was definately a issue with the card. The card actually died and I send it back to where i bought it from and invested in a new Class 10 fast read speed card and bingo all my movies seek fine from the card :)