It Is All About The Size Of Your Pocket

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
I have been looking for a 42" tablet that fits in my pocket but till now no luck (still looking!).

But then this forums darling "idontknow" made me interested in phablets but in Africa they are made of the same stuff as dream.

To make a long story short I am the happy owner of a Dapeng A7 and I love it. 8MP camera, dual unlocked SIM slot, 3G works like a dream. Only set back is that Skype video chat is challenged but if your friends are as ugly as mine you really wouldn't mind.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like a nice device. Are the Galaxy Notes not compatible with your networks? It seems like you should have been able to get an unlocked version from Europe that would work.

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Sounds like a nice device. Are the Galaxy Notes not compatible with your networks? It seems like you should have been able to get an unlocked version from Europe that would work.

You can get them here but they cost an arm and a leg. My Dapeng can do almost the same at a fraction of the price and it fits perfect in my Safari shorts.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I need to look up the Dapeng. It sounds neat. The Note will cost you an arm and a leg anywhere :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
The Dapeng A7 is a 5.0-inch Smartphone, not a tablet.

My galaxy note is a phone but big enough to use as a tablet.....as a matter of fact I haven't used my tablet since I bought it. The Dapeng is about the same size so I guess Tanzanite call it tablet because he use it as a tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Note

J

jimbo7630

To make a long story short I am the happy owner of a Dapeng A7 and I love it. 8MP camera, dual unlocked SIM slot, 3G works like a dream. Only set back is that Skype video chat is challenged but if your friends are as ugly as mine you really wouldn't mind.

Don't let the monkeys know about it!

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I guess the distinction can get murky these days with so many things changing. I've always thought tablets don't have cellular voice-calling functionality, and that was the distinction between phones and tablets.