It Was a Matter of Time... Loose Mini USB So I Can't Charge Anymore

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I called Vizio, less than a 10 minute wait and talked to someone that said they extended the support on this since it is a know issue! Woo hoo!
Thank you Vizio support! About 13 months after purchase your support of this still makes me happy.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That is great news, when a company is willing to go above and beyond the warranty for their customers Most companies just hide behind the warranty, and hope it expires before a covered problem occurs.

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Yes that's good to know and great of them to back there product. I real like my 2 units and for the pric can not find anything to compare with them at that price!
I have a few VIZIO products an here allot of good things about them!

regards,
Maxx

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
I called Vizio, less than a 10 minute wait and talked to someone that said they extended the support on this since it is a know issue! Woo hoo!
Thank you Vizio support! About 13 months after purchase your support of this still makes me happy.

Just for My/Our information, Was the connector on the VIZIO board bad? or the cable connector it's self, or were you able to tell. I have heard of this issue before. But was never sure what component was the fault!

Thanks and regards,
Maxx

Last edited:

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
It is the actual mini usb port on the tablet. When I plugged the charger into it you could feel it wiggle around and it did not make the connection to charge.

I was always very careful because I heard of the issues but the last few times I did not charge it my 8yr old son did and that may have been part of the issue. He can be careful but he is still 8 and who knows if it was just time or if he was too harsh with it. (Not that you should need to be that cautious)

At this point if I can make this one last another year or so I will be happy and by then the market will probably be really good for my next purchase.

I have been very happy with it overall and unlike some honeycomb made mine like a new tablet. Hopefully I have the same experience with the one they are sending me.

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Very glad you got good care from them, that's good news for all concerned, and I have my high hopes for the 10' unit if they ever get it out. it's a shame the little connector has this issue other than that this was a great start for VIZIO I have their LCD TV HDMI and Love it also.... and the price was great on both!

regards,
Maxx

lotus814

Nov 16, 2012

Just wanted to say, same thing here. Got the tablet last november, it went bad i Feb 2012, at that time they wouldnt repair it (I lost the receipt) called last week again as a last measure, and they told me they had a "recall" on ones with the bad charger ports, I had to pay shipping, but they said there sending me a brand new one, should be here today or tomorrow!

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
lotus814 said:
Just wanted to say, same thing here. Got the tablet last november, it went bad i Feb 2012, at that time they wouldnt repair it (I lost the receipt) called last week again as a last measure, and they told me they had a "recall" on ones with the bad charger ports, I had to pay shipping, but they said there sending me a brand new one, should be here today or tomorrow!

Just my luck. I've never had problems with either the USB port, or the headphone jack on my Vtab in the year since I bought it at Costco. Instead, it decided to take a swan dive out of my briefcase last week, and land right on its top, right corner. Craaaack! Any chance Vizio would call that a known problem?

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Ouch, sorry, that sucks.

Maybe if you said the port got loose and would not charge so you got mad and threw it but since it all started from a bad port you expect replacement? lol ;)

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
OK I had the same issue with the port coming lose from the board, how ever mine was not purchased through and authorized dealer and it was purchased as a refurb. And at first they said the would then they said they would not and yes and no for few times on the phone and finally they said now way. So looks like mine is now a door stop. So don't trust the 90 day warranty, it only 30 days on returns from the dealer, and if not authorized, forget it!

I took picture and did everything they said then they tell me no> just my luck... but I quess you can't blame them!

I'd fix myself but too old now and no more tools of this type, for micro mini soldering!

If you did purchase from an authorized dealer you will need some clear picture of the face and VIZIO logo, the head phone jack and the Charger port. prof of purchase( dealer name , price, model and serial number:
[FONT=&amp]Proof of Purchase should clearly show [/FONT]
· [FONT=&amp] Purchase date[/FONT]
· [FONT=&amp] Store/Website purchased from (Must be from Authorized Reseller) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&amp] Vizio model/Serial numbers[/FONT]
· [FONT=&amp] Price paid

have these things availble before you call to save time![/FONT]

regards,
Maxx

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the info Maxx. Maybe you can still find an electronics store that can resolder it for your for a few bucks.

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks J and BTW.... NOT all of the Vtabs have had this Issue just some of them, how many I don't know and as far as I know it was either the headphone or charging jacks that were defective.

regards,
Maxx

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So far I am one of the lucky ones without the problem. Let's hope it stays that way ;)

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Yes I purchased 2 and the one I have good, I'm taking special care with that little plug, and I recommend not moving the unit around at all while it's plunged in to the socket/port. one little tug and that's it! LOL! trouble is you don't know until it happens if yours is one of those?

regards,
Maxx

Last edited: