It was one excellent ride, but it is time to say good bye.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Re: Maine Coon What superior IR qualities? I was amazed at the list of devices the Vizio 8" tablet could remote control. I have had the old Sony Clie remote commander option on my devices and also have seen the original remote commander by Sony. Only occasionally have the universal remotes by cable companies have been unable to program (one company that is a subsidary of another). I would guess that 70% of the folks here would be satisfied by the remote control abilities of the Vizio.

So far I have not tried to IR notes from my Sony Clie device to my Vizio and I suppose no one here would even dare to try it.

Tablet S can learn from any IR remote, that's number one.
Sony Remote Control app is far superior to Vizio app, that's number two.
All the buttons are customizable and assignable.
All the devices are represented by the corresponding selectable icons.
Power On/Off on the Start screen for all devices.
From the Remote Start Screen user can go to the Full Remote for the particular device.

Still, I am not satisfied. There are couple of features that I want and Sony does not have them. Such as Macros and Discrete input channels for the TVs/

Last edited:

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I paid $320 at a 2 day sale locally, one of those rare times when desire and opportunity cross paths.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

Can you possibly post the screenshots from the Remote Control app and briefly describe what it can and cannot do?

dhouston

Dec 2, 2011
Tablet S can learn from any IR remote, that's number one. Sony Remote Control app is far superior to Vizio app, that's number two. All the buttons are customizable and assignable. All the devices are represented by the corresponding selectable icons. Power On/Off on the Start screen for all devices. From the Remote Start Screen user can go to the Full Remote for the particular device.
Is there an API/SDK for the IR/Sony Remote Control app?