It's Amazing What $150 Can Get You These Days

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Saw this the other day. Live, in Stock. At a local store now less. Woot ??

playbook32gbwalm.png

Specs, you say?

playbook32gbspec.png

OMG. Had to do a double take. Make sure I saw it right. A dual core, 32 GB RIM tablet, new in the box, for $148, Canadian Dollars? YES. And you can even order it online - Walmart.ca page.

Or you could spend a similar amount, at the Apple Store Canada, and get a refurbished 8GB iPod Touch; they seem to be phasing out that model, no more cheapies. New line has only 32 GB, starting at $299. Ouch

ipodtouch4genav4.jpg

Refurbished 8 GB models go for $149; add a few bucks ($209) and you get a 32 GB model. Both ''refurbished'', but with a full 1 year Apple warranty. IMO - new stock, sold in white boxes, clearing out this model.

See all the models and prices (Canadian site, CAD prices) HERE.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
And a First Impressions video :

Last edited by a moderator:

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I've already bought two at that price. Tremendous machines! Futureshop.ca had them on for $130 this weekend. I missed the last one by seconds.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I've already bought two at that price. Tremendous machines! Futureshop.ca had them on for $130 this weekend. I missed the last one by seconds.

Oh, my! $130, even lower, great deal.

With the Nexus 7 16 GB now selling for USD$199 (or CAD$209 in Canada), they might have to drop their prices even lower. Like the weekend sale you got.

Thanks for mentioning it! Will keep an eye on the sales.

Here's a screenshot of current Futureshop.ca models, prices :

blackberrypbfutureshop.jpg

Last edited: