Its asking for a password but I have never set one.

packermarvin

Aug 23, 2011
I have an ASUS Transformer that is suddenly requesting a password when I boot although I never set one. I upgraded to 3.1 via the ASUS website weeks ago and everything else added was from the APPS website. I tried to do a factory reset but during the process a yellow warning triangle with an exclamation point appears over the Android logo and then a request for a password again. Does anyone have any experience with this problem. I'd rather not have to go through the manufacturer if I dont have to and purchased it through TigerDirect so thats not going to help much.

barkndog

Jan 12, 2012
Just posted this on another thread: did you have Locate My Droid installed? There is a security issue with Locate My Droid where some other user may be able to access your tablet - and set it to lock with a password. I had an unknown user's device in my LocateMyDroid account, I contacted the developer about the issue and they said it was a known issue that happens sometimes for devices without a data plan.

For now, you just have to reset to factory settings to get it to boot - and don't install Locate My Droid.