It's NOT a phone!

DennisZ

Mar 30, 2012
I have a new Android tablet with only WiFi capabilities model MID-T10A with Android 4.0.3. I purchased this because there are a number of Amateur radio apps that will not run on my Wife's iPAD. When I try to load apps, I get an error message telling me that it cannot finish the install because this is NOT a phone. HELP?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Some apps look for an indicator that you are using a phone. Look for an app that spoofs telephony on your device (there are ones that do it for GPS but not sure about telephony). Because you are using Android 4.0 your device is reporting it is a tablet and the apps are reporting back they they are incompatible.

This is really an issue created by the app developers. Contact the people who developed your apps and let them know they need to update it so that it supports tablets.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
for a second i thought this thread is going to be about galaxy note :) its not a phone, its not a tablet, its a phablet! sry for derailing :p

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
for a second i thought this thread is going to be about galaxy note :) its not a phone, its not a tablet, its a phablet! sry for derailing :p

I thought the same.. .sorry for derailing as well:D

Samsung Galaxy Note

thiatt52

Jul 18, 2012
When I got my tablet I seen a icon with a phone on it. When I wanted to try to see if I can make a call it was gone. I have a Galaxy Tab 2. I'm thinking about google it to see if I can. I tried alot apps and getting a telephony error. :confused: