IT's ON SALE! BOUGHT ONE! Who else??

griller

Apr 26, 2011
From the site:
$ASUS_EeePad_LP_Amazon_02._V180548741_.jpg

woozle

Apr 25, 2011
I call shenanigans on this. Yes I did see that it appeared on some websites and if you happened to be up at the right time you got it (note the 2am post), but I feel like I've been shafted on this. At least with some of the other launches it actually seemed to hit some local stores. I was up and at the stores which supposedly were going to have the product and none of them had it. I called the previous day and none of them had it, I suppose it's a success as far as android tablets go, but "I feel" just my opinion that the launch was poorly done. The timer said it wasn't supposed to be released for another 20 hours, the brick and mortar stores didn't have it in stock, and the only way it seemed possible to buy was if you stayed up and waited for one of the websites to show it.

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
This launch looks like it is going the same way the wifi Xoom went. No stores in my area had them in stock and it was a wait if you ordered. My local Best Buy still has never received any stock of the wifi Xoom. If you want one you have to order it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
I went to Best Buy to purchase one today and they didn't have any left..... They said they were all sold already. I don't know if they meant pre-order or regular but they didn't even have a display model. They do have the Acer Iconia next to the Xoom though......

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I sold my Viewsonic gTab in hopes of grabbing an Asus or an Acer. Right now, I slightly prefer the Asus since there is the nice keyboard option. Problem is, they are nowhere to be found and yet the Acer is in stock at my local Best Buy. Kinda wondering if, (a) I will ever even need or get the keyboard on the Asus, and (b) if the extra $49 is worth it on the Acer for the Aluminum body. Otherwise, I believe they are straight up equal, aren't they?

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Seems like a lot of the buzz about the transformer release is fizzling - at least its impossible to find in stores or get a restocking estimate even two days after the launch. Who knows, maybe the device will go back up for sale tomorrow but as of now it seems to me that it might take a good while longer than that. In the meantime I'm very satisfied with my a500 which is available now (I only wish it were cheaper like the transformer... although it is supposed to have faster ram than the transformer). In the end what makes the transformer really special is the I PS display, everything else about it is nearly identical to the xoom and a500 so if you can't stand the wait, don't mind spending a little more, and don't mind having a tft lcd I would go with the Acer.

Jayce Miskel

Jan 17, 2011
Seems like a lot of the buzz about the transformer release is fizzling - at least its impossible to find in stores or get a restocking estimate even two days after the launch. Who knows, maybe the device will go back up for sale tomorrow but as of now it seems to me that it might take a good while longer than that. In the meantime I'm very satisfied with my a500 which is available now (I only wish it were cheaper like the transformer... although it is supposed to have faster ram than the transformer). In the end what makes the transformer really special is the I PS display, everything else about it is nearly identical to the xoom and a500 so if you can't stand the wait, don't mind spending a little more, and don't mind having a tft lcd I would go with the Acer.

Reviews have said that the Acer has subpar battery life plus it has no dock and on top of that it costs more. Personally I'd rather wait. How's the battery life for you though?

xandor

Aug 25, 2010
I noticed that the Asus transformer has apparently disappeared from Newegg's website. I had an auto-notify setup and that's gone too.

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Battery life on my Acer is good enough for my needs. If you want to use your tablet nonstop for 6hrs at a time without recharging then you may consider the xoom or transformer both of which have about the same battery life. There are currently no docks for the a500 but Acer has a docking station and I think users can comfotably expect the keyboard dock like the transformer and w500 soon. The acer tab is also the only 3.0 tab to my knowledge that has a USB host port with out of box support for USB keyboards as well as future support for usb mice.

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
I sold my Viewsonic gTab in hopes of grabbing an Asus or an Acer. Right now, I slightly prefer the Asus since there is the nice keyboard option. Problem is, they are nowhere to be found and yet the Acer is in stock at my local Best Buy. Kinda wondering if, (a) I will ever even need or get the keyboard on the Asus, and (b) if the extra $49 is worth it on the Acer for the Aluminum body. Otherwise, I believe they are straight up equal, aren't they?

Keep in mind the Acer uses ddr3 memory and has a full size USB port that can be used currently for a keyboard or storage devices (card reader, thumb drives, etc). The USB port was the deciding factor for me.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
Keep in mind the Acer uses ddr3 memory and has a full size USB port that can be used currently for a keyboard or storage devices (card reader, thumb drives, etc). The USB port was the deciding factor for me.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. I went to Best Buy and checked out the Acer. Very nice feel and decently lighter than the 'ol Viewsonic. The screen had an excellent viewing angle in my opinion. I really did not care for the interface they put onto the Android OS, but that could be tweaked or swapped out I suppose. Are there any custom ROMs useable on the Acer? I suppose any Tegra2 based tablet ROM might work??
At any rate, I would be totally happy with the Acer but I feel compelled to check out the Asus when it supposedly arrives in mid May.