IT's ON SALE! BOUGHT ONE! Who else??

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
I just watched a video on cnet today and they did a speed get on the new tablets and the acer beat out the gtab and transformer.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I just watched a video on cnet today and they did a speed get on the new tablets and the acer beat out the gtab and transformer.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Hum. Maybe because of DDR3 vs DDR2?

I just pre-ordered through Target via Amazon to be safe. That is not the cheapest way to go online (tax + delivery added. No Amazon Prime for Target orders), but if it gets it to me before June, then a few bucks is OK. B and H Photo shows delivery AFTER May 31st for pre-orders. Target did not specify... I ended up paying $443.66 with 2 day shipping and 6% sales tax (Idaho).

Last edited:

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Asus is probably having trouble sourcing the screens no big surprise there. They picked a really bad time to release it but who can predict an earthquake, tsunami, nuclear power plant triumvirate of destruction.

Tomedvan

May 1, 2011
Picked one up at the Best Buy in Ann Arbor, MI yesterday. I was in there looking at the Acer Iconia tablet and happened to notice a stack of three Transformers. The sales girl didn't have any idea they had come in. Just got lucky...I guess.
My review goes as such.
Pro's:
1. Beautiful screen
2. Gorilla glass
3. Works great as a mobile TV monitor with my Slingbox.
Cons:
1. A bit heavier than I thought.
2. I had a few moments of lag after a string of touch commands. I would think a Gb of RAM should be plenty. Maybe it's something that will be improved by the next update.
3. That glossy screen attracts fingerprints like nobody's business.

All in all a very nice device for much less than the Xoom! And that's not even considering the coolness of the yet to show up, Keyboard dock.

Darth Kinetic

May 1, 2011
Bought mine at HHGregg. I called around 3 of the 7 local stores got ONE in this week. I was able to buy one still in the box before they put it out on display.

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
I bought 3 today but after factoring in ebay fees I have to get like 600 bucks a piece outta them to make any money so at least 2 are probably going back.

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I bought 3 today but after factoring in ebay fees I have to get like 600 bucks a piece outta them to make any money so at least 2 are probably going back.

You really bought three? Is it from a place that accepts online orders? Don't send them back, sell one to me...! (not for 600 though):cool:

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
No I really have 3 of them. I need 8 cause I was gonna use them to setup a POS system for a client and since lord knows when more will be easily available since they are making like 10k of them a month atm. I was not advertising them for sale thats for sure its against the TOS just pointing out how ridiculous ebay/shipping fees are.

chezhed

May 10, 2011
Just got a 32 version from Fry's. For those who have one near them check online throughout the day, their site updates near real-time. Now just need the keyboard and case.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I ordered 3 from 3 different sites. After I got the 1st, I canceled #2 and my daughter will get #3.

Master

May 23, 2011
I put an order in at Best Buy this morning with express shipping. So far the order is listed as pending and they have not sent me a receipt by email yet. This leads me to believe that they might not have any stock after all. I'll give them 24 hours though just to be sure.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
I've been saving to buy one and the keyboard... then my transmission went out! Going to cost 1500+ =( Still can't wait to get one though.