iTunes Music on Nook Tablet?

Vartarg

Nov 27, 2011
Is it possible for me to move music from iTunes on my MacBook to an SD card, and then play the music through my NT?

If so....how do I do it?

Many thanks,

George

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, totally possible :) Just make sure the iTunes music files are in a NT compatible format (mp3 most likely but you can you others if you want to convert them) and place that music on the SD card. Insert the card into the NT and open your media player app. Direct it to the music files you want it to see, if it doesn't detect them automatically. I'm not sure if the stock media player does this but there are other media players on the Market (probably better than stock anyway) that you can direct to see media files on the SD card.

Also just a quick note on how to get the files on to the SD card. You can insert the card into a card reader attached to the MacBook or you can plug your Nook Tablet into the MacBook with the USB cable. Insert the SD card into the NT and connect the NT to the MacBook with the USB cable. Two portable drives will pop-up in your directory one is internal and the other is the SD card. The second one listed is usually the SD card but you can verify by comparing the size of the drive available to the size of the SD card you inserted.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Is it possible for me to move music from iTunes on my MacBook to an SD card, and then play the music through my NT?

If so....how do I do it?

Many thanks,

George

You might to need to download an aac player like APlayer

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Vartarg

Nov 27, 2011
Thanks for the responses.....I'll take a look at what I need to do to get the music onto the card from iTunes. My impression is that Apple doesn't necessarily make that easy!!

George

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What you need to do is find where iTunes is storing your music and what the file type is. The default for iTunes is AAC which is an Apple format. You can get a player compatible with that type or convert AAC files to mp3 or another universal format for the most portability (it might only be worth it if you have a lot of devices you want to use your music on and they are not capable of playing AAC).

On a PC the music is usually stored in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media or something along those lines. Not sure about where they are stored on a Mac. Essentially once you have the files in the desired format and you have located them it is a simple drag and drop operation to get them on the SD card.