iTunes on A500

LVFredo

Dec 26, 2011
Hi all, the wife and I have iPhone 4 and for a tablet, after some research I decided to get her a Iconia A500. We both love it! Now here's the question, is my iTunes content not usable on our android tablet? We have a bunch of blue ray digital copies that we redeemed through iTunes. Can I reuse those codes for a Microsoft version? Help!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome and congratulations on the new tablet. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum and join us here at Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread over to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum for you. The folks there are the most familiar with that tablet and someone should be able to help you out. Good luck!

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
On you PC go to your My Music library and there will be an iTunes folder there where all the music for iTunes is stored. You can drag and drop those into you music folder on you A500 with it connected by USB.

markyoung04

Dec 29, 2011
If you download Google music on the same desktop that your iTunes app resides and also have it on your tablet you can not only play all purchased music but also have access to all playlists you make in iTunes. The app runs in the background on your PC. It works on any android device as long as you log on with same account....it is awesome.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you download Google music on the same desktop that your iTunes app resides and also have it on your tablet you can not only play all purchased music but also have access to all playlists you make in iTunes. The app runs in the background on your PC. It works on any android device as long as you log on with same account....it is awesome.

I agree, I also grabbed the app "gMusic" for my iPhone and have access to my entire library (as well as making content available offline) from anywhere. With iTunes I still need to sit at a PC to push music to my iPhone.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
OK, here is what they won't tell you about Google Music and Amazon Cloud... Bandwidth and storage are not free! How do you think they are paying for this "service"? They are looking at every single file and document in order to market to you and any contact that they might scrub out of a document. I'll keep files on SD cards thank you.

markyoung04

Dec 29, 2011
Only issue is many people (this guy) have a pretty large library of protected songs on iTunes easier to use Google music as Amazon won't read and play protected iTunes files.....if I remember correctly if I am wrong please let me know it has been a while since I used Amazon's cloud but if I recall they had a cap on free space and you have to upload to the cloud first....with Google I just run an app in the background on my PC as soon as I buy a song (usually for my daughter now) it can be played on my phone. Of course with that app running I am sure Google is collecting data on me to blackmail and sell to the same government agents that are spyng on these forums...cough cough kidding.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Yes they both have a cap. I currently have over 1,200 mp3's on both Google and Amazon.

Sure you've gotta uploat to the cloud first.

The thing that I like about Amazon's Player is you can choose to either play from their cloud service or directly from your Tablet. Much nicer player than the stock on our Tab's or any others that I have downloaded.