I've just installed custom firmware........ (c91 upgrade)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I am having a C91. From yesterday I am getting "start kernel error" on booting the tablet. I am trying to upgrade the firmware [Zenithink]. I have formatted SD card and put the zt-update in root. On starting the tablet with camera + start button, it shows mmc update mode and system update starting. After that screen goes blank and no updates on screen. Do this mean that still firmware update is happening or something is wrong? Screen is powered on but showing no logs..

Have you unzipped the zt update folder?

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

benadlam

May 6, 2012
There should be a model number on the tablet somewhere

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I didn't realise at first there were different models of C91 upgrade. You can still use the custom rom, you just have to switch some files about tho

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
benadlam said:
lol, you know. I never actually paid any attention to that! I just flashed it! I assume mine is a 1A. How do I actually check? I just figured if it didn't work I'd flash the standard back. But it noticeably faster! I definitely am happy with it!

Hi, I thought I'd sent this before. I love the appearance of "Zandroid", and I'd love to be able to use it. However, I don't know which Upgraded C91 I have. Here's all the pertinent info I could find from "About" in the settings menu, and my serial number from the side of the tablet.

Model Number: Zt-280 ICS
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.34 root@android3214
Build number: f043f-eng 4.0.3 ICS.f04f.20120204 eng.root.20120204.165424 test-keys
Serial number: ZT280H12NC91M512F8

If I could use the Zandroid, firmware what do I stand to lose, and in the upgrade path would I lose all documents, data, and programs?

Thanks,

Rob