Jawbone pairs but won't work

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My Jawbone will pair with my Acer but won't work for google talk or
CSipSimple conversations.

When paired (and only when paired) CSipSimple enables the bluetooth button to switch the call to bluetooth but no sound comes from the Jawbone and the Jawbone mic won't work. So at least the tablet recognizes that there is a bluetooth available.

Has anyone gotten a standard bluetooth headset to work? (Not stereo music headset, just a phone headset).

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
If it helps at all, I can verify my bluetooth headset's mic doesn't work. I tried everything I could think of.

I have a Samsung HM3500 bluetooth phone headset. It can function as an earpiece, but also has stereo headphone connections and an external mic for them. I tried a few combinations, but for your purposes, the earpiece alone does NOT send audio in Google Talk. Is there an app that I can do a quick check, just to be sure the headset's mic works at all?

So next I plugged in a wired smartphone headset, and voice works fine. Unplug that and the internal mic is hot -- even with the bluetooth earpiece paired and "connected" in Settings, Google Talk is ONLY listening to either the wired mic or the internal mic. I can't find a setting that tells it to use the bluetooth's mic.

AND I can't even find out that the mic won't work until I'm connected to another person in an active Google Talk session. Hey everybody! Show of hands: How many of you think having no way to TEST your mic in advance for Google Talk, is a GREAT idea? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I guess they didn't include any telephone sound related bluetooth profiles in 3.1.
They have stereo sound profiles, but non of those are appropriate.

Guess I'll find other headset options for phone calls on the Acer.