jb, yes or no?

tinchoska

Feb 14, 2013
hi guys, i have this problem, should i update my lenovo into jb? i use it to see movies, play some games read some books, surf the net... what about battery drain? on mobiles jb has battery drain, a huge one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I am also enjoying using JB. No big difference for me. Benchmarks show that the a2109 version of ICS is slightly faster for some operations but as a user they seem about the same. There is one known situation where the JB battery drains quicker but it's easily avoided. Just either leave wifi on all the time or use airplane mode.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
So, to stop the battery drain i have to leave wifi on all the time or leave it on airplane mode?

Enviado desde mi XT925 usando Tapatalk 2
Yes. Having wifi on with no connection takes very little power. I leave wifi on all the time but usually have a connection. The screen is far and away the biggest drain on the battery. If I leave the tablet with wifi on but don't use it during the day, I will still have a nearly full charge that night. But if wifi is turned off, some bug looks for a connection to check for updates frequently. If it is on it handles it properly whether connected or not. I wouldn't worry about wifi drain unless I needed a charge to last several days.