Jelly Bean for MID 7065

mikohunt

May 29, 2013
New Android tablet user here, I just rooted my device (freebie from work), thanks to vampire! And I was hoping there would be a ROM to get this tablet to 4.1. I just would like to try out the new Google offerings, and it seems some need Jelly Bean to operate. I will keep looking around, but hopefully I can get an answer here, XDA is like a minefield!

miko

Aug 8, 2012
Well, unless more developers adopt this device, the situation is this: you have to hope that Vampirefo decides that this tablet (his 5th or so) doesn't do what he wants it to and JB will allow it to. Then he will not only need to port JB to this tablet, but will also have to decide to publish it and open himself to another whole userbase of questions.

So the bottom line is to be patient and hopeful. I am sure that it wouldn't hurt for everyone who is interested in this to thank Vampirefo in the threads that he has already created to root and install a custom recovery (cwm).

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
@vampirefo

Is it possible to create a compatibily zip for coby 7065 to use with amlogic mx CM 10.1 roms developed by Christian Troy?

Thanks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@vampirefo

Is it possible to create a compatibily zip for coby 7065 to use with amlogic mx CM 10.1 roms developed by Christian Troy?

Thanks.
Currently it requires changing the filesystem to ext4, I have given Christian Troy a link to 7065 dump he may add a compatibly zip or he may determine as I did the risk is to high and not make one, the risk is too great for me to consider at this time. You guys can attempt to make your own if you wish, one thing to remember, during the conversion process from ubifs to ext4 if something goes wrong your tablet is toast, the other tablets have recovery measures Coby tablets don't. Also you may not be able to switch back to ubifs which voids your warranty completely, Coby wont repair or fix your tablet.

And the killer is the recovery time limit.

Coby tablets have a 4 minute or less work time, while other tablet don't have any time limit, so you better be damn quick in recovery or your tablet is toast. Wish you guys best of luck.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2012
Currently it requires changing the filesystem to ext4, I have given Christian Troy a link to 7065 dump he may add a compatibly zip or he may determine as I did the risk is to high and not make one, the risk is too great for me to consider at this time. You guys can attempt to make your own if you wish, one thing to remember, during the conversion process from ubifs to ext4 if something goes wrong your tablet is toast, the other tablets have recovery measures Coby tablets don't. Also you may not be able to switch back to ubifs which voids your warranty completely, Coby wont repair or fix your tablet.

And the killer is the recovery time limit.

Coby tablets have a 4 minute or less work time, while other tablet don't have any time limit, so you better be damn quick in recovery or your tablet is toast. Wish you guys best of luck.
Would it be possible to boot from the sdcard properly partitioned to ext4 to avoid converting the tablet itself?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Would it be possible to boot from the sdcard properly partitioned to ext4 to avoid converting the tablet itself?

sdcard might be possible, most users can't partition sdcard, sdcard would be the only method I would consider, right now I am giving Christian Troy time to decide what he thinks is running from tablet possible and worth the risk. If we could stop the recovery count down I would feel more comfortable, but having a 3 minute 40 second time line to work under, knowing if all work isn't completed in that time frame the tablet most likely will be permanently damaged.

I can't work under constant pressure, and currently the recovery is 100% pressure, people must understand that the tablet will reboot on it's own regardless if the work is finished or not once the time expires this is very dangerous, as any incompleted work, can cause tablet not to boot, hang in bootloop or brick tablet, we have no method at this time to unbrick a 7065.

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
Amlogic doesn't have a way to flash firmwares through pc-usb, just like allwinner or rockchip?
I have an A10 tablet and an RK3066 mini pc and it is very simple to flash firmwares on both and risk free.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Amlogic doesn't have a way to flash firmwares through pc-usb, just like allwinner or rockchip?
I have an A10 tablet and an RK3066 mini pc and it is very simple to flash firmwares on both and risk free.

Yes they do, as I already posted other tablets have recovery methods an flash able firmware. Coby tablets don't, I am only interested in what can be done on Coby 7065 not on elf or any other amlogic device.
People don't have to wait for me, if you guys want to flash elf or any other firmware to your tablets go a head, I am in no way trying to hold anyone back.

Sent from my CM9 SPH-D710 Android Phone

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2012
The 4 minute timer is ridiculous. Hopefully the off switch for that will be found soon. Thanks again for all of your work.

If I have the time to try anything, it will involve trying things from the sd card before I would consider flashing it onto the internal memory.

Last edited:

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
Yes they do, as I already posted other tablets have recovery methods an flash able firmware. Coby tablets don't, I am only interested in what can be done on Coby 7065 not on elf or any other amlogic device.
People don't have to wait for me, if you guys want to flash elf or any other firmware to your tablets go a head, I am in no way trying to hold anyone back.

Sent from my CM9 SPH-D710 Android Phone

Maybe I didn't use the correct words. I appreciate all your work and knowledge and if you say it is risky, I believe. I just wanted to understand why things aren't more easy.

Thanks again for your support.