Jelly Bean on 7022!!!

justcurious78

Aug 12, 2012
It seems to be a memory restriction. I have lots of free internal memory, but cannot move google apk's to system/app folder. In order to achieve that, I had to delete some apk's in that folder - it's like that folder has a maximum or fixed size allocated. I could copy files to the root folder, but was unable to move them to the apps folder untill I removed some system apk's.
I also have the issue of being unable to move apps to the sd card.

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
Got it !

Up and running, the only thing that I don't get to work like a charm is the CWM recovery (weird han?!?!?!). It's not going for a permanent flash. Every time I need it, I have to reflash the thing, but it's not a problem it's just annoying. (Version 4.1.0.5)

Any way:
. Play store working
. Video playback is good (not out of sinc like in the ICS rom)
. It's not freezing all the time
. Transitions are fast (butter !!!!!).

FYI - I made the update through the update.apk from Coby Germany. Used the Root for Nexus S (page #2 from ryancut) and the Gapps for JB from XDA (page #2 from satyendra986986
)

justcurious78

Aug 12, 2012
Got it !

Up and running, the only thing that I don't get to work like a charm is the CWM recovery (weird han?!?!?!). It's not going for a permanent flash. Every time I need it, I have to reflash the thing, but it's not a problem it's just annoying. (Version 4.1.0.5)

Any way:
. Play store working

FYI - I made the update through the update.apk from Coby Germany. Used the Root for Nexus S (page #2 from ryancut) and the Gapps for JB from XDA (page #2 from satyendra986986
)

And what about the move2sd feature? Is it working?

theplague

Oct 31, 2011
Got it !

Any way:
. Play store working

)

Coby's update is 4.1.1, I just installed it and it sucked (was on ICS before 4.0.3 running great except for flash), it freezes and has a phone UI, HORRIBLE, can you share your backup?

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
Coby's update is 4.1.1, I just installed it and it sucked (was on ICS before 4.0.3 running great except for flash), it freezes and has a phone UI, HORRIBLE, can you share your backup?

Sure, I'll try to make it an post asap. This one doesn't have any phone stuf.

One more thing, after I did the Official update my CWM is gone, how do I reinstall it???
Thanks

There's a post in the Coby Generation 2 forum, don't remember the author, but is something like "Long (alternate) method for ICS in 7022". Give it a look and you will find clear instructions there.

theplague

Oct 31, 2011
I installed the update from the Coby website and now CWM is gone, I'm searching everywhere for ways to root and install cwm again on JellyBean but it doesn't make sense to me, my tablet on recovery mode doesn't do anything...

theplague

Oct 31, 2011
Here is what I used to root it [Google Nexus S]How to root jellybean - xda-developers. Just flash the Superuser 3.2_RC.zip via CWM and ignore the other steps. The kernel version is 2.6.35.7-tcc

Please help, I updated mine from Coby website to 4.1.1, it's very buggy and now my CWM is gone so I can't rollback to my backup, I read those instructions but they don't make sense to me, all the commands, could you please do me a favor and simplify that for the Kyros 7022 running 4.1.1 unrooted and without CWM?
Thank you!

theplague

Oct 31, 2011

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Need some more info on how people are getting the CWM recovery image to work.

I am running CWM 4.0.1.5 and it will not install the backup, says all the parts are missing.

Trying to get other updated versions of CWM they will not install. As far as I know the last stable version for the 7022 was the 4.0.1.5 that I am running. Anyone have a link to a more updated version they know runs on the 7022?

I'll be glad to run through a bunch of testing with JB, but obviously need to get it running first.

theplague

Oct 31, 2011
Need some more info on how people are getting the CWM recovery image to work.

I am running CWM 4.0.1.5 and it will not install the backup, says all the parts are missing.

Trying to get other updated versions of CWM they will not install. As far as I know the last stable version for the 7022 was the 4.0.1.5 that I am running. Anyone have a link to a more updated version they know runs on the 7022?

I'll be glad to run through a bunch of testing with JB, but obviously need to get it running first.

Here's CWM 5.x working on my 7022, install RecoveryTool.apk and launch it, then select the update.zip file to install CWM.

Droid: Re installing CWM after ics update

Re installing CWM after ics update
After you update to the ics rom you will notice that CWM is not present anymore .So if you want to re install CWM follow these steps
INSTRUCTIONS

1)Install Recovery tool app
2)Downlaod CWM zip and place it on your sd card
3)Open the recovery tool app and wait till you can see update.zip(CWM zip)
4)Select it and the tablet should restart and install CWM