Jelly Bean on 7022!!!

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Here's CWM 5.x working on my 7022, install RecoveryTool.apk and launch it, then select the update.zip file to install CWM.

Droid: Re installing CWM after ics update

Re installing CWM after ics update
After you update to the ics rom you will notice that CWM is not present anymore .So if you want to re install CWM follow these steps
INSTRUCTIONS

Ok, that got CWM working. I actually am just running 2.3 still so I just went into the current CWM and loaded it as a normal update.zip file from the SDcard which got it updated.

It now properly recognizes the backup.

Got JB loaded up. Will play around for a while and report back.

Oh, and it did pop up with the serial activation as soon as it was connected to wifi... I just hit "activate" on the one it was showing and it seems to have gone through.

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Results so far.... (Will update this post as I find answers to the issues below).

The backup from the 2nd post will load, but there are a number of issues I am running into.

- Like others have said the Gapps won't install. I have tried a number of them and only get services running, but the actual update on loading into Android will not install the actual apps.

- Forced Play Store and older Market apps to install. They will go through account setup normally but then crash upon loading the actual market app.

- Android System serial number activation is popping up upon connecting to wifi, and every few minutes. No matter what code is put in it just goes away and comes back in a few minutes. (It may be resolved via installing the Coby ICS update APK that checks serials, but that is no longer available).
Fixed this by installing the backup then immediately doing a factory restore. When it comes up you simply need to change the language back to English. Also, this seems to free up a TON of memory, not sure what is in the backup that is taking up so much space.

- The backup from page 2 or 3 will hang on the Coby logo.

So at the moment I can't get this to the point it is functional. Any help would be great. I'll be glad to document all the steps and get a writeup done if I can get it working.

Last edited:

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
After reading what all you have gone through. I think I should upload my working version. Got the gapps working with no force closes.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
After reading what all you have gone through. I think I should upload my working version. Got the gapps working with no force closes.

It would certainly be appreciated if you can.

I tried everything... at least a dozen GApp installs from various locations and half a dozen Play Store installs, even going back to ancient Android Market versions... they all fail. I have cleared the data, caches... everything that SHOULD be causing it has been tried and cleared.

I don't mind testing with it, I have a CWM recovery with my 2.3 that is loaded up with everything, so going back is easy.

meshell

Aug 12, 2012
Same story here, tryed several GAPPS posted in this thread on different CWM, cleared data and caches. I just can't get it to work...

k91

Aug 18, 2012
Are you guys kidding.... I have JB working perfect on my mid7022... I went through the long install for GB to ICS then upgraded through the de Colby site.... FIRST, you MUST have the updated memory for 1gig system... just search for the instructions for upgrading or changing the memory to 1gig(1 in 10 will be bricked)... Then I got the JB OTA update, installed Google apps for JB signed, rooted, and here I am...

I will try to post some files later... and MY JB OTA cwm recovery backup...I already tried to restore my JB rooted with Google apps cwm backup, but it failed...

Last edited:

daesher

Jun 21, 2012
Ok, works fine on clone tablet, but no working VoiceSearch provided. VoiceSearch.apk from old version of ICS doesn't work. Any idea?

Last edited:

meshell

Aug 12, 2012
Are you guys kidding.... I have JB working perfect on my mid7022... I went through the long install for GB to ICS then upgraded through the de Colby site.... FIRST, you MUST have the updated memory for 1gig system... just search for the instructions for upgrading or changing the memory to 1gig(1 in 10 will be bricked)... Then I got the JB OTA update, installed Google apps for JB signed, rooted, and here I am...

I will try to post some files later... and MY JB OTA cwm recovery backup...I already tried to restore my JB rooted with Google apps cwm backup, but it failed...

Big thanks, this worked for me.

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012

Mind posting a link to the tutorial that showed you how to extend the internal memory or posting yourself how you did it?

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I previously reported that I was able to get the gapps and rooting working with no force closes. Its been more than a week and everything has gone great, sound, rotation, and other minor hardware issues are still present.
The good news is as I just mentioned before, no force closes; the bad news is that some apps (from market or sdcard) do not install. I already went through the logs and found out that the apps that I have tried installing require storage permissions (read/write from external/internal sdcard). When I tried the rom without the gapps, the apps installed without problems.

-Do you want me to release my version of the rom (includes gapps and root) has some issues with apps not installing?

liveoutloud91

May 18, 2012
I previously reported that I was able to get the gapps and rooting working with no force closes. Its been more than a week and everything has gone great, sound, rotation, and other minor hardware issues are still present.
The good news is as I just mentioned before, no force closes; the bad news is that some apps (from market or sdcard) do not install. I already went through the logs and found out that the apps that I have tried installing require storage permissions (read/write from external/internal sdcard). When I tried the rom without the gapps, the apps installed without problems.

-Do you want me to release my version of the rom (includes gapps and root) has some issues with apps not installing?

It can't hurt to release it. Who knows, maybe it'll work for others?

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
Not a big deal, but I ran the update.apk from Coby Germany about 2h ago and it downloaded a new update. Up and running, didn't saw any real improvement though.