Jelly Bean

Batchman

May 14, 2011
A700 users in Germany are reporting that Jelly Bean is beginning to roll out. Although Acer has from the beginning said the A700 would be updated, there was no announcement at. Those who have the update report faster and smoother operation (no surprise there) and that their tablets no longer get uncomfortably warm.

I hope they also put out a Jelly Bean update for my A500.

Graham1

Jun 30, 2012
I can report that the Jellybean update works a treat on the A700 here in the UK. I feel like I have a new Tablet that is butter smooth and actually works like it should have. Touch response seems way better. If Acer have now got a very nice tablet on their hands, so well done. I can't report as yet on the heat issues but there are now three power modes. Also animated wallpaper is very fluid whilst swiping screens. Need to play with it some more but over all I think it's a great improvement :)

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
You guys are getting me excited....And that bothers me that my heart started pumping like that over an update for a tablet.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Dammit, I'm a first day order directly from Acer, why isn't my tablet on JB!
Grrrrr...

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
Yo, where my Jelly Bean at?!

I just put ICS on my Bionic. Gimme my Jelly Bean there, too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
So far over at XDA I'm reading a lot of people having issues with JB and the default crapware virus scanner. Should be an issue if it is disabled already, though...But in case you've not disabled it, I guess it makes the tablet a pain with all the error messages.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is no default virus scanner in Android because there is no android viruses.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Default virus scanner installed by Acer....
$IMG_20120929_165515.jpg

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Holly crap, you're right.

Totally forgot that was snuck in by Acer, because I disabled it immediately, and can't imagine anyone in their right mind allowing anything by McAfee running on their tablet.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Meh, I actually just realized I haven't disabled most of the bloat since I reflashed to stock in anticipation of JB a couple weeks ago. I need to get on that before the update rolls out to the US.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Can anyone confirm that the JB update solves (or at least greatly reduces) the overheating issues?

There are some great deals local to me for the A700, but I'm not spending my $$$ until I can confirm this.....

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
What overheating issue?

Many owners have reported that the back of the tablet becomes VERY hot after gaming or watching videos on their A700.
In some cases, the tablet gets so hot that it shuts down/restarts due to the heat.