Jelly Bean

nikups

Jan 30, 2013
Hi. This is my 1st time ever posting 2 a place like this so if I'm doing it wrong please let me know.

I've just updated my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wifi to Jelly Bean and I've noticed a significant decrease in battery life. My tablet is not rooted. I know the basics of my Tablet, which is new and my first one, but that's about it. If any one can help me out I'd really appreciate it. :eek:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I know you were introducing yourself, but I am going to move this to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forum so other cool kids with this tablet can help chime in.

I have not heard of many issues with battery life after the 4.1 update, but then again, I don't have one of these bad boys, so I have not been paying too close attention.

Cheers

Last edited:

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
FWIW: I can't say as I noticed any decrease in battery life after my Tab 2 10.1 was upgraded to 4.1.1. (I only had it for five days, after that, tho.) My wife hasn't mentioned her's is any worse, and she runs the heck out of it.

Jim

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome nikups, you might want to go to Settings>Battery and see if there is an app that is sucking up more power than the others. This is known as a rouge app. Sometimes updating the OS means the apps get updated to a version that is made for that OS and one of those updates may have been buggy. There are also plenty of power and app monitors available in the store to look for and track rouge apps.

I would start there and see if you notice anything unusual. If so you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app using up the battery and see if it helps. If it still sucks up the battery you may have to contact the developer and uninstall or disable the app until it is fixed.

JP

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As JP points out, the likelihood that an app is causing the problem is quite high. Some older apps were specifically designed for ICS and don't work well with JB and haven;t been updated. If you installed any apps that specifically said ICS anywhere in the name, like Browser ICS or Camera ICS, uninstall them first. (I had both of those so I am most familiar with them but there may be others).

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Android Assistant is a great app that has a tool in it called "Startup Manager". It can help you narrow down a problem app by turning off certain apps when the tablet starts up.