Jellybean (Android 4.1.1) Update for 7022 [Root and Gapps]

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
First of all, I'd like to say sorry for not posting this when I said I would, I've been busy with some college stuff.

Since most of you were having issues with the rooting and Gapps installations I decided to post this new thread.

I was able to get Gapps including Google TTS to work without force closes

-Boot into CWM recovery
-Wipe cache
-Format system
-Format data
-Format boot
-install zip from sdcard
-select rom zip file

Some devices might need to flash Superuser zip (like i said before, not all Coby tablets are 100% the same)

Without delay, here's the download link:
-fixed EVERYTHING!!!
download

Just in case SU does not respond, here's the flashable zip needed:

JB-SuperSU.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Alexis Diaz

care to help...
Amazon email: [email protected]
Paypal

Last edited:

apolake

Jun 26, 2012
First of all, I'd like to say sorry for not posting this when I said I would, I've been busy with some college stuff.

Since most of you were having issues with the rooting and Gapps installations I decided to post this new thread.

FYI rom has several bugs when installing some market downloaded or sdcard apps

I was able to get Gapps including Google TTS to work without force closes

-Boot into CWM recovery
-Wipe cache
-Format system
-Format data
-Format boot
-install zip from sdcard
-select rom zip file

Some devices might need to flash Superuser zip (like i said before, not all Coby tablets are 100% the same)

Without delay, here's the download link:

coby_mid7022_jb_update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Alexis Diaz

care to help...
Amazon email: [email protected]
Paypal

download and updated but
its not jelly bean, its ICS. thanks anyways

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I'm sure I uploaded the correct zip. Make sure that you format system and flash the zip.
To check version got to settings/about.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
First thanks for your work! Unfortunately i am getting a Status 7 Error while trying to install it

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Maybe its just with my device because i am getting it with a custom gapps for jelly bean too. Maybe my cwm doesnt work properly

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Maybe its just with my device because i am getting it with a custom gapps for jelly bean too. Maybe my cwm doesnt work properly

It might be the permission setup. Flash the rom again and then, while in CWM recovery, select view log (im not sure what it says but just choose an option that can show you the log) after you see the log just reply here with the lines before the error you got.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Ok, here is the log:
minzip: Process function elected to fail (in inflate)
minzip: Can't extract entry to file.
minzip: Error extracting "system/lib/libttspico.so"
set_perm: chown of /system/xbin/su to 0 0 failed: no such file or directory
set_perm: chown of /system/xbin/su to 6755 failed: no such file or directory
script aborted: Set_perm: some changes failed
Set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/coby_mid7022_jb_update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
mtd: successfully wrote block at 0
I:Set boot command ""

Hope that might help you!

and thanks again for your great work

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Adromir said:
Great :) Just a question for interest: Are you planing to make a cm10 port for it?

Yes, but I'm aiming to make it from source to get as many features fully functional, especially theme Chooser. The only problem is that it might be difficult to make everything working (mainly the camera) because coby hasnt released the source. Don't worry I'll try my best.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Yes, but I'm aiming to make it from source to get as many features fully functional, especially theme Chooser. The only problem is that it might be difficult to make everything working (mainly the camera) because coby hasnt released the source. Don't worry I'll try my best.

Great News, maybe i'll switch to it. The cm9 port got me an offset error btw. But cm10 sounds great

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Great News, maybe i'll switch to it. The cm9 port got me an offset error btw. But cm10 sounds great

Flashing an android ics or above rom will give offset errors (totally normal, don't panic) with the version or CWM recovery that we are using.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2