jfbam64

jfbam64

Feb 13, 2012
Hi everyone
I am a new member to the Forum. I bought an Android MID on the internet for my husband at Christmas, but unfortunately it will now not take the charger, so cannot now be used. My husband is quite upset about it as it has been his constant companion since he got it!! He tried to buy a new charger but the gadget shop assistant said the pin inside is damaged. Anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem? :confused:

J

jimbo7630

Welcome to the Forum jfbam64, can you say what brand of MID you bought and how it charges (USB or the usual single hollow pole type of connection)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems with that tablet. I'm moving your thread to the Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

jfbam64

Feb 13, 2012
Welcome to the Forum jfbam64, can you say what brand of MID you bought and how it charges (USB or the usual single hollow pole type of connection)?

Thank you for rreplying - it is a MID 2.2 and it charges with the usual single hollow pole type of connection.

J

jimbo7630

I guess the first thing to do is to have a look at the socket (with a magnifying glass if necessary) to see if the central contact is bent or broken. If it is bent you might be able to re-straighten it with something slim (a wooden skewer perhaps). A watchmaker might be able to straighten it as well. If, however, it is broken I suppose it is as if it were "bricked" unless someone can come up with a solution.

Edit: Having mentioned a watchmaker, I suppose those sets of tiny screwdrivers that come in a plastic case would be better than a wooden skewer!

Last edited by a moderator: