JIT for Eclair - Alpha -> Noticeable Speed Boost

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
6ToNr.png

Max Linpack on Singapore ROM after 5 runs or so...

Only for Android 2.1

apply as installable zip in Clockwork recovery. I think you have to figure out how to clear dalvik-cache, maybe.

nandroid to be safe? no warranties as usual...

Why? Just because...

Alpha because I don't know if this is actually stable across a wide range of applications. Seems okay on my S7. Apps are launching faster. Don't know what it would kill.

Picked CodeAurora liquid_chocolate, basically built surf for 2G VMSPLIT WITH_JIT, forgot my mainfest but I think it was like Q8650BSDCANLYA407750
https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/le/

Attachments

• $S7eclair_JIT_enabler_alpha_xau.zip
    395.6 KB · Views: 626

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Okay installed =) and so far so good. I wil hammer it about a little over the next few days. (just had a force close from Rom Manager, not that it is really needed on the s7, I just tend to keep the same apps on both my android devices.)

From Linpak I'm getting about 12 to 13 MFLOPS. Which as my device won't over clock should be all good.

I should of run it before I'd installed your patch =)

~Ivy

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
App launch times really feel faster on my device. I think it's a keeper for me.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
So far its working well for me. It seems a lot faster.

I should do a test with Linpac before and after applying your patch.

I really would like try and build android from source. But I'm still coming to terms with the android build system.

I'd love the proper vendor tree for the S7.

I will work it out one of these days.

Sent from my Ideos S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Basically what I did was set up my build environment with the Cyanogenmod guide, but I used the CodeAurora Repositarary and just modified the QSD_SURF BoardConfig to suit the S7 a little. It wasn't a full build, so as long as the parameters are in place, it works fine. I don't know how to do a full build for the S7 without breaking it.

Compile CyanogenMod for Passion - CyanogenMod Wiki
https://www.codeaurora.org/wiki/QAEP

You will need the prebuilt arm-eabi-4.4.0, not arm-eabi-4.4.3 for a successful build of Android 2.1, I think. It also needs to build on Java 1.5?

Huawei didn't modify the default Qualcomm surf configuration when compared to other Snapdragon vendors. It might be the least modified one of them all, in fact. Huawei started on one of the Eclair branches off CodeAurora. We can emulate what they did by taking one of the manifests pre-fixed with Q8650... At least that's how much I understand of it so far.

CodeAurora's AOSP is newer than the one on git.kernel.org, and the JIT enabled DalvikVM was easy to compile because the changes necessary for compiling it successfully were already included, with no changes required to any of the packages.