Jungle Disk access from Android

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Has anyone found a way to access Jungle Disk from Android? Although there is a Jungle Disk app for the iphone, there isn't one for Android (yet, at least). I've tried web access to my jungledisk account (via myjungledisk.com), and I can see my folders,but when I click on them, nothing happens. I've tried the default browser, Xscope Pro, Dolphin HD, and Firefox 8, but none of them work.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Bruce

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Have you tried other browsers like Opera mobile?

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Are you attemping to access site in desktop mode? In browsers such as dolphin hd, opera mobile.

P.S. opera mobile is the only browser I have been able to access file sharing sites so I use it for certain things only I would def try that one

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. Based on your suggestions I downloaded Opera Mobile, and I tried Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD, Firefox 8, and Xscope Pro in desktop mode. None of them work. However, after revisiting myjungledisk.com from my *laptop*, I think I understand the problem. To open a folder, I need to double-click it. On the other hand, when I double click on my tablet it zooms. So I guess my question has changed to, "How do I get/change the effect of a double-click on my Android tablet?"

Bruce

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Unfortunately tap-and-hold didn't seem to work either (or perhaps I'm not coordinated enough!). However, I contacted Jungle Disk customer service, and they pointed me to legacy.myjungledisk.com, which does not require a double-click to operate. So the immediate problem is solved. Thanks for the suggestions. -- Bruce

FunnelGuy

Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. Based on your suggestions I downloaded Opera Mobile, and I tried Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD, Firefox 8, and Xscope Pro in desktop mode. None of them work. However, after revisiting myjungledisk.com from my *laptop*, I think I understand the problem. To open a folder, I need to double-click it. On the other hand, when I double click on my tablet it zooms. So I guess my question has changed to, "How do I get/change the effect of a double-click on my Android tablet?"

Bruce

I found I can access files using JD if I click on the expand (plus symbol), and be patient. Not ideal, but workable.