Just a heads up on the gps issue.

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
I have no problems with myGPS. First start up GPS lock within 2 min. I did first startup outside if that made for fast GPS lock on satalite.

Did you have wifi on? What app are you using to monitor you satelites?

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
Got the update today. Without fasterfix it locked on to 9 satelites in about 30 seconds. ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

outdooz

Mar 21, 2011
I got a message that said there was a update ready to install and it fixed bugs and performance issues and that it may take up to 30 minutes to update. I clicked update and all it did was restart 3 times in a row and then a message said it was done updating. And my home screen was reset. I'm still putting all my widgets and icons back on.

Humantelope

May 2, 2011
were you rooted out of curiosity? i'm curious if the update will remove root or if its not quite that crazy of an update ;) i suspect it will but whatever

trblsome9six

May 4, 2011
I got a message that said there was a update ready to install and it fixed bugs and performance issues and that it may take up to 30 minutes to update. I clicked update and all it did was restart 3 times in a row and then a message said it was done updating. And my home screen was reset. I'm still putting all my widgets and icons back on.

That's lucky, I tried manually updating and it says my device is up to date. In battery usage is the cell standby still consuming a percentage of the battery?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum