Just a little introduction....

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
I just wanted to say thank you to all the admin and users on this site. It has come in very useful as I have been playing with my rooted nook.

I will be posting more and just want to say what up.

I rooted my 1.1 Nook Color using auto-nooter 3.0 and love it. I have not jumped into any customer firmware yet, but I have familiarized myself with the terminology and have been trying to keep up with alot of the new updates. I really look forward to the day we see a stable 2.2 cfw that can run 10.2 flash and still have the Youtube app working flawlessly.

One quick question though. Is there a way to back up ALL apk files off my nook before I start playing with CFWs?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I just wanted to say thank you to all the admin and users on this site. It has come in very useful as I have been playing with my rooted nook.

I will be posting more and just want to say what up.

I rooted my 1.1 Nook Color using auto-nooter 3.0 and love it. I have not jumped into any customer firmware yet, but I have familiarized myself with the terminology and have been trying to keep up with alot of the new updates. I really look forward to the day we see a stable 2.2 cfw that can run 10.2 flash and still have the Youtube app working flawlessly.

One quick question though. Is there a way to back up ALL apk files off my nook before I start playing with CFWs?

First off welcome to the gang! This is the best place to start http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html it lays out the basics of Clockwork etc.

There are several ways to back up your apps. First and foremost ROM Manager and ClockWorkMod Recovery when used in concert create a full system image. When you make a nandroid back up in CWR you are backing up your Nook/Phone etc exactly as it is, apps and all at the moment you click the "backup" button. With that in mind it never hurts to be extra careful. Google and the Market will backup purchases etc but the are some essential apps that I use to make sure I am covered...

Titanium BackUp-https://market.android.com/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=search_result Probably the best IMO. The paid version allows you to sync your back-up with>
Dropbox-https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dropbox.android&feature=search_result One of the best free apps ever.

I use SmartBar bar as well. It has an app back-up feature but i don't use it. Not as many features as TiBU.

As far as custom firmware for the things you mention, Flash, Youtube, etc. CyanogenMod7 and the ones based on it are almost there. I run CM7 nightlies and Youtube and most video is watchable if at a reduced framerate. I have been led to believe that very soon the remaining issues will be worked out. But by all means take your time and :rolleyes: read :rolleyes:. This is one of the BEST places to start.

Again Welcome and I hope this helps. If you have any other questions that can't be answered in the threads that are already active, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

LS.

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks for the insight LS. I have read a ton on this site and been lurkin for awhile. The sticky threads have been great and i did not know about the implementation of dropbox with Titanium. I am going to go that route and backup all my apps that way on my PC.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Keep in mind that Dropbox/TiBU sync is only available with the paid version of TiBU, but well worth the investment. I am a bit of a nut when it comes to backups and this is the best way to go, again IMHO. Titanium has soooo many features but is still dead simple to use.