just a quickie ???

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Ok..here is my question
I am rooted using Autonooter.and have been quite happy.. but.. if I want to move on UP. .. do I need to take it back to basic stock and then update or can I go directly from autonooter to CM7 ???

This makes me nervous to mess with my system again.Autonooter made me feel so comfortable and SAFE..... so may need a hand hold to get me over the hump or at least a GO TO IT ...... hehehehe

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Install CWM rom manger > flash CWM recovery in CWM rom manger > pick Nook Color (old) > boot to CWM recovery > flash (update) CWM recovery 3.0.1 > Reboot to CWMR > make a full backup > flash to Ultimate Droid Nook Color 3.2.5 > Enjoy.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
crenita you can install cm7 over your current one - in fact if you are nervous and want to try out cm7 first, i do believe there are SD install versions available (don't have the link handy at the moment but will post later unless someone beats me to it) - the SD install lets you boot of the SD and try out CM7 so if you want to go back to the warm and fuzzy comfort of rooted nook, just pop out the SD and boot

now testing with SD might not give you the same quick, speedy performance of installing the system into your eMMC - but some folks have tested it on a class 6 SD card and reported acceptable performance

Ok..here is my question
I am rooted using Autonooter.and have been quite happy.. but.. if I want to move on UP. .. do I need to take it back to basic stock and then update or can I go directly from autonooter to CM7 ???

This makes me nervous to mess with my system again.Autonooter made me feel so comfortable and SAFE..... so may need a hand hold to get me over the hump or at least a GO TO IT ...... hehehehe

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Anima.. sounds like exactly what I should do.. I have a 4 g class 6 sd card arriving TODAY from amazon.. will have to find that link to do the download .. guess I am just a chicken to mess with the sw too much...

THANKS for the suggestion..