Just bought VTAB, did not update...want to root?

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
I just bought it but did not update shows 1.9.56....I have XP Pro. I have have tried reading forums to see most current way to root but there are many posts. Can someone direct me to the method I should use? I want to root right away.

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
anyone whose done in Tampa Florida area want to help me root this product? I am not that computer literate.

sabotank

Nov 15, 2011
it's actually fairly easy

1. put you phone in debugging mode (settings, applications, development - tic the usb debugging box)
2. go here and scroll to bottom of first post. any should do.
3. unzip somewhere you can find the folder
4. plug your phone in and leave it as is
5. go to folder from #3 and run superoneclick.exe
6. click on root, wait for it to finish

that should do it

Last edited:

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
it's actually fairly easy

1. put you phone in debugging mode (settings, applications, development - tic the usb debugging box)
2. go here and scroll to bottom of first post. any should do.
3. unzip somewhere you can find the folder
4. plug your phone in and leave it as is
5. go to folder from #3 and run superoneclick.exe
6. click on root, wait for it to finish

that should do it

Maybe the process is the same but why is it talking about a phone?

I have seen odd things like this before where people list they have something other than a Vtab but are giving advice which does not make sense for a vtab.
Do these posts end up in a public part of a forum by accident or people click into the wrong forum sometimes? Anyone else notice this?

sabotank

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe the process is the same but why is it talking about a phone?

the answer to that is simple: pretty much all rooting/modding methods were made for the phones. but it just so happens that some of them work on different devices (like tablets). and it would be time consuming and wasteful to have the exact same thread for every device it works with. so basically where it days [phone type] think [vtab]!

and this is the exact process and thread i used to root my vtab

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
the answer to that is simple: pretty much all rooting/modding methods were made for the phones. but it just so happens that some of them work on different devices (like tablets). and it would be time consuming and wasteful to have the exact same thread for every device it works with. so basically where it days [phone type] think [vtab]!

and this is the exact process and thread i used to root my vtab

Yes, this isn't phone specific but most of the work was done specifically for phones ;) I actually resorted to the PDAnet method because I couldn't get the drivers to install and get adb connected. Superoneclick kept stalling at line 2. PDAnet installed the drivers and then I was able to use the doomlord method which also avoids the "trojan virus" warning you get with superoneclick on some antivirus programs.

There is more than one way to skin this cat.