Just Brought Wowpad Will Not Boot

AJMedia

Feb 23, 2011
hye guys, im in the same boat... Just got mine yesterday.... worked for about 3 hours, turned it off then back on, now i got the KERNEL PANIC! blue icon in the middle of the screen. I emailed the company, all they have told me so far was to reboot the system then immediately press and hold, in this order, menu, power, then the black circle button... keep holding until a new screen comes up that says, "press the required keys for a factory reset", which is the same thing, press all 3 simultaneously. For me, didnt work. So i've been playing with it ever since. I did find a recovery mode tho.... turn on the pad, then immediately press and hold home and the vol- for 4-5 seconds, release and shortly after you should get the android recovery screen. use the vol keys to move and the menu key to select. try the wipe cache, and the factory reset. hopefully this will help you guys, so far for me.... nothin.... still workin on it tho.

Thanks for the tip on button combos to get it to work.

I managed to get mine to work by using a similar process. I pressed; home, black circle then the power button. At the factory reset message I pressed them all again and it reloaded the OS image, reset and loaded up.
thumbsup.gif

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for the tip on button combos to get it to work.

I managed to get mine to work by using a similar process. I pressed; home, black circle then the power button. At the factory reset message I pressed them all again and it reloaded the OS image, reset and loaded up.
thumbsup.gif

I am having the same problem. I tried your combination and it said RECOVERY OK! then rebooted itself after 10 seconds but then stuck on the green powered by wowpad screen and then KERNEL PANIC came back up again. I can't seem to format my sd card with a good update.zip file to run. Any suggestions.

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Resetting Infortm X220:
Press and hold both the POWER and HOME buttons until you reach the Globe/Lightning screen.
Release both.
Momentarily you will come to reset screen with 4 options.
Using VOLUME +/- move down to option 2 and select using MENU.
Then using volume +/- move down to option 3. In here move down to the line that says YES. Select using MENU.
Then +/- move down to option 4. Select using MENU.
Then select option 1 to reboot.

NOTE: You will need to re-register your tablet again after reboot. Have your registration number ready!

On the Superpad I have...it wouldn't boot past the ANDROID logo & then the screen would go black..
I had to hit reset..then press the power+home+return button on front of screen..all at the same time for a few seconds..then it gave me a message like "press the corrext combination of keys to flash firmware....your device will boot normally in 5 seconds.. before the 5 seconds we're up, I had to release the 3 buttons & the re-press them before the time elapsed.Then it took me to a new screen, stating update or re-flash in progress..I never let go of the buttons during this process..until I seen the update complete message. I let go & then it booted up after a few mins and prompted me to calibrate the screen..now it's giving me access to the menu etc...still testing, but at least I'm able to see **** again..lol

ABDULKABIR

Apr 24, 2011
Green screen malfunction of the Fly touch 2 Tablet PC: Held the on/off button to shut it off. Then pressed the on/off to turn it back on. Now it boots through INFOTMIC, the world pic, then gets stuck at the green screen that says COMMUNICATIONS.....Powarded by Wow Pad.

The solution:
1, hold on/off button + home button, wait until note letters interface.
2, use the volume button ( + - softkey) move selection box
3, select "wipe data/factory reset" and then press the menu button
4, select "Yes -- delete all user data" then press the menu button
5, about 10 seconds, when prompted "Enter erase_cache Data wipe complete"
6, press reset button to restart

shoppy

Apr 20, 2011
On the Superpad I have...it wouldn't boot past the ANDROID logo & then the screen would go black..
I had to hit reset..then press the power+home+return button on front of screen..all at the same time for a few seconds..then it gave me a message like "press the corrext combination of keys to flash firmware....your device will boot normally in 5 seconds.. before the 5 seconds we're up, I had to release the 3 buttons & the re-press them before the time elapsed.Then it took me to a new screen, stating update or re-flash in progress..I never let go of the buttons during this process..until I seen the update complete message. I let go & then it booted up after a few mins and prompted me to calibrate the screen..now it's giving me access to the menu etc...still testing, but at least I'm able to see **** again..lol

This worked for me, finaly!! But it did not solve my problem.

When turn on WiFi it says "unable to scan for networks".
This happenend over night, it worked perfectly before.

Went back to factory settings a few times and did several resets, nothing works.

Anybody has any ideas?