Just downloaded 4.010.13 any ideas ?

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I installed .13 yesterday after having wifi issues. I was rooted and had a lot of the stock apps renamed and everything installed fine. My wifi seems to be fixed, so all seems good here in Chicago. I was at .11, for what it's worth.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It didnt fix my gps problem after 3.1 update killed it.

What problem are you having with your GPS? Did you post about it somewhere? Maybe include a link to that post?

So you are saying that your google maps can't find where you are, is that right?

Justicw

Jul 22, 2011
It will install fine on a rooted device as long as you have NOT replaced the file to make netflix work. If you have you will need to replace the hacked file with the original file to get the update to install.

kes601

May 23, 2011
The update bricked my device. It froze 1/2 way through and now it freezes when it boots up to the unlock screen. If I try to enter recovery mode by holding down on Power and the Volume Up key it starts to restore and then I get a yellow warning triangle. So, now I am stuck w/a non-working Acer Bricktonia.

Thanks Acer.

Aug 8, 2010
The update will not install for me. I download, hit the install button, and the Iconia reboots. I comes up with the HC bee leaping for a second and the goes to the HC bee with a red triangle over it's head. I am rooted, with a stock rom, and have CW recovery flashed. Any ideas???? I saw that some people had no issues installing on a stock, rooted Iconia. Could CW be causing a problem for me?

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
The update will not install for me. I download, hit the install button, and the Iconia reboots. I comes up with the HC bee leaping for a second and the goes to the HC bee with a red triangle over it's head. I am rooted, with a stock rom, and have CW recovery flashed. Any ideas???? I saw that some people had no issues installing on a stock, rooted Iconia. Could CW be causing a problem for me?

If you have flashed Clockwork Rocovery, flash back to the stock recovery and give the update another try.

antoony

Jul 27, 2011
I'm not sure if the update had anything to do with the market app, but noticed today the "movie" section in the market app is now up and running.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
This may be just my imagination, but after the update, my icons seemed a bit smaller and sharper! Has anybody else noticed this?

thorne

Jul 30, 2011
Like Kes, I also have a bricked device. I've been scouring the net trying to figure out how to restore it, to no avail. I'm still within my warranty with BB. This will be my second one. The first was also bricked by an Acer unpate

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Like Kes, I also have a bricked device. I've been scouring the net trying to figure out how to restore it, to no avail. I'm still within my warranty with BB. This will be my second one. The first was also bricked by an Acer unpate

Seriously? Two in a row bricked by an update?
I find that extremely hard to believe.
Are you also going to tell us it was virgin and never rooted?

The Odds of this happening twice in a row to the same person on two different updates is astronomical.

thorne

Jul 30, 2011
My first device was not rooted. After the update, it took several device reboots for the device to boot proper. Then, the screen would become unresponsive. My second device had been rooted successfully on both 3.01 and 3.1. I used gingerbreak for 3.01, and Iconia root for 3.1. Though many claim success with the undate while rooted, I chose to un-root prior to the update. Iconiaroot reported successful un-rooting. During today's update, the progress bar stopped app. 80% through the process. Whenever I reboot now, I get to the unlock screen, but the device will not respond. I deleted /modified none of the system apps, nor was I using any custom ROMS. Out of the box, the device was A500_1.104.02_com.Gen1.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
My first device was not rooted. After the update, it took several device reboots for the device to boot proper. Then, the screen would become unresponsive. My second device had been rooted successfully on both 3.01 and 3.1. I used gingerbreak for 3.01, and Iconia root for 3.1. Though many claim success with the undate while rooted, I chose to un-root prior to the update. Iconiaroot reported successful un-rooting. During today's update, the progress bar stopped app. 80% through the process. Whenever I reboot now, I get to the unlock screen, but the device will not respond. I deleted /modified none of the system apps, nor was I using any custom ROMS. Out of the box, the device was A500_1.104.02_com.Gen1.

My A500 also hesitated about 80% into the last update. It continued on about 3 or 4 minutes afterwards. How long did your update stick, and did you force restart it?

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I am wondering if there is a downloadable update file for these patches you can get from your computer. For those having problems, maybe the file downloading onto the A500 is corrupt somehow. If there is a way to get the file manually on a bricked device from a PC, you may be able to run an update from the file. This is possible with some other tablets I believe. On some Android devices you just copy a zip file to the root of the device, restart it, and it will read the file and run the update.