Just downloaded 4.010.13 any ideas ?

thorne

Jul 30, 2011
That isn't a bad idea. But what happens when the device has to be restored? I've read all of postings for restoration and have not had success. I like the device, so I'll grab another from BB, but I wonder how long I'll put up with this.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
From the looks of other threads on this board, this last update caused a lot of problems. After reading them, and your threads, I am a bit hesitant to install any more! I have installed two updates since I bought this thing just over a week ago, and all is well so far. Right now, I could still exchange it at Walmart, but after this coming Saturday, I am out of my comfort zone!! :eek:

rusty

Jul 21, 2011
icebike,

I posted in Is your gps working, line 64. Any ideas? This is my 2nd a500.

Thanks

tesab613

Jul 21, 2011
I accidentally updated while rooted...really screwed everything up and had to do a factory reset...a real PITA....(pain in the a*s)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
From the looks of other threads on this board, this last update caused a lot of problems. After reading them, and your threads, I am a bit hesitant to install any more! I have installed two updates since I bought this thing just over a week ago, and all is well so far. Right now, I could still exchange it at Walmart, but after this coming Saturday, I am out of my comfort zone!! :eek:

I suspect most of those posting about being bricked by the last small update were rooted users or users running the hacked chinese leaked version.

Not all, but many if not most. Of course they won't include this information in their post until you badger them about it.

If your battery is full, and your internal storage is not full, and your wifi is dependable, and you are not rooted or hacked you more than likely won't have any problem.

Every update bricks a number of devices, iPad has same problem. Samsung has same problem. Motorola too.

The sooner the tablet makers stop making updates that REQUIRE the bloatware to be installed the better. But we are not there yet.

dbaps

Aug 2, 2011
I hate to put this in for my first post but I also am bricked. Was working fine yesterday and last night. I made no changes. I was rooted under 3.1. When I try to boot recovery kernel image I get the green robot and it executes some machinery then I get a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark. The triangle is inside the mid-section of the green robot. After a few minutes it shuts off. I tried a soft reset and no luck. Any suggestions? I'm stuck. I can take it back to the store since I just bought it a week ago but prefer to get it fixed. Very frustrating...

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
I hate to put this in for my first post but I also am bricked. Was working fine yesterday and last night. I made no changes. I was rooted under 3.1. When I try to boot recovery kernel image I get the green robot and it executes some machinery then I get a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark. The triangle is inside the mid-section of the green robot. After a few minutes it shuts off. I tried a soft reset and no luck. Any suggestions? I'm stuck. I can take it back to the store since I just bought it a week ago but prefer to get it fixed. Very frustrating...

Did you install Acer Recovery?
Did you make a backup of you ROM using Clockwork?
Did you try Volume Down-Power On to enter Clockwork directly to initiate a recovery?

jhernandez

Aug 4, 2011
i installed the most recent update on my iconia a few days ago. i just turned it on today and now the screen is stuck at the password entry, and the touchscreen is not responding. i tried the reset button, but nothing happened. it just rebooted and got stuck at that password screen, and it shows that there is only 15% battery life left, no matter how long i charge it. i tried the power button/ volume up reset, but i would end up getting a "green android icon holding a yellow triangle with an exclamation point". what do i do now? its stuck and there is no way to reset it, hard or soft resets arent working. can someone please help ?

nwe2023

Aug 6, 2011
jhernandez, I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms as you, following an update Thursday afternoon (8/4). The device appears to be working - it boots, it connects to my wireless, but it sits on the lock screen and will not do anything. Touch screen it completely unresponsive. It says "Charging (15%)" forever. Were you able to make any progress with this issue?

old_guy

Aug 20, 2011
hopefully someone knows the answer to this. This is my first post. Running rooted 4.010.10, stock os other than rooted. i was on vacation at the beginning of the month when 4.010.13 patch came out. i just kept hitting 'remind me later' as i did not want to crash my tab while needing it during vaca. Did acer pull this update due to too many issues? after I got home the update was no longer showing up, and a check for updates says I am up to date. I just want to make sure this is ok and I will not miss the next 3.2 update due soon.