Just got a Kyros 7024

iGregory

Nov 24, 2011
I just picked this up on sale for $100. I thought it was a great deal. I wanted to get it for my 6 year old son who has been begging me to get him an ipod ever since his cousin got one...<sigh>... Naturally, I don't want my computers at home to be over run with iTunes stuff, so I wanted to get him an Android based tablet like thing.

I think I may need to return this one, though.

But, before I do... is it normal, right out of the box, to have trouble starting it up? It only seems to start up when I have the charger plugged in, and even then I have to restart it several times (like, more than 10) before it finally gets through the entire boot sequence. It doesn't "sleep" very well, either. Every time I leave it to sleep for more than 10 minutes, it reboots itself when I go to wake it up.

But, these aren't the deal breakers. As I said, this is for my 6 year old son. I went to the app store and downloaded Angry Birds. It won't run. I start the app, and the screen goes black. I can hit the 'home' button and it goes back to home, no worries.

Is there some firmware upgrade that I should do? Would an update to 2.3 fix this? Or is there something wrong with it and I should take it back?

Thanks for _any_ information!!

iGregory

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
never had problems with my 7024 since i bought..i actually drop it once... better return it..there might be some problems

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
But, before I do... is it normal, right out of the box, to have trouble starting it up? It only seems to start up when I have the charger plugged in, and even then I have to restart it several times (like, more than 10) before it finally gets through the entire boot sequence. It doesn't "sleep" very well, either. Every time I leave it to sleep for more than 10 minutes, it reboots itself when I go to wake it up.

First one isn't normal, second one is a known bug that gets better if WiFi is on all the time (use an app like WiFi Buddy to enable this, battery will drain faster of course).