Just got an Ota via 2.1 update whats new?

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Just got ota update via 2.1 besides netflix hd support what else changed?????

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I haven't got the update either but Vizio's ota updates are always staggered so nothing unusual there. I wonder if this is the update Roger mentioned that the Vizio techs had that made it impossible to replicate the errors he and others were having with youtube videos.

Jim

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
I wonder if this is the update Roger mentioned that the Vizio techs had that made it impossible to replicate the errors he and others were having with youtube videos.

While I have not seen the update yet, from what people at Vizio have told me it might have fixed the ignored taps in the browser problem but neither of the level 4 techs at Vizio have tested the youtube application with a playlist. When I asked the weekday level 4 tech about it he basically told me he didn't care about that so that is all I know about fixes in the youtube application itself.

Last edited:

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I got the update I can notice in settings --> screen ---> font size you can change it ... It is not small any more :D

Last edited:

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
Downloading update now. Wasn't available an hour ago. Rollout seems to be staggered by minutes not days.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
Is you tube now listed as a installed app in the play store?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
zsir said:
Is you tube now listed as a installed app in the play store?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Just got my update and from what I can tell not much has changed. No youtube is not listed as an installed app in the play store.

The update did not fix the browser youtube issues as far as I can tell based on the few tests I tried.

Netflix does seem to be a tad sharper but netflix worked great before the update. But watching Adam 12 on netflix the video quality is better.

The update did add font size and parental controls. This seems to be a minor update at best.

Jim

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
vinogans said:
I got the update I can notice in settings --> screen ---> font size you can change it ... It is not small any more :D
Yeah, but it doesn't appear to affect applications?

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
I am downloading the update right now. They sure do stagger the release.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure you could do this before the update but in the stock browsers settings you can change the font size.

Jim

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Just downloaded the VIA Plus 2.1. Will advise after I run with it for a while...

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet