Just Got Jelly Bean!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Try POWER and VOL FOWN for 3 seconds.

It works on most ICS/JB devices. Not sure about yours though.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I still have the screen shot button on the bottom-left. It still takes screen shots.

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 JB 4.1.1

Jim

mikee

May 29, 2011
But I don't think the 10 inch tabs do pH tablet mode except nexus10 so u will still likely have the button

mikee

May 29, 2011
I think I know what u guys mean by clipboard bug now. I tried to copy and paste something and my device promptly rebooted without warning. I might have to revert back to ICS if this rom gives me too much more grief or try a custom rom. If you ask me this rom was not ready to be released it is very unstable and things sometimes dont work for instance every single one of my wifi sync apps do not work in some way or another

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I think I know what u guys mean by clipboard bug now. I tried to copy and paste something and my device promptly rebooted without warning.
That is one of the symptoms of the Samsung clipboard crash bug, but... it might be your clipboard was already corrupted when you upgraded. You may have to do a factory reset to fix it. Then see if it the problem comes back.

My wife and I updated early Friday evening and used our tablets through the weekend. Neither of us experienced any problems. I did use the clipboard, but not extensively. (N.B.: I had done a FR under ICS, to clear the clipboard crash bug, and the tablet remained unused until the JB update.) My wife never experienced the clipboard crash bug at all.

Neither of us have any WiFi sync apps.

Jim

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Mine updated over the weekend. Seems "crisper" in operation so far. And I like the new interface as it has more usable area on the screen.

dirob

Jan 7, 2013
I've been using 4.1.1 for a week or so and all is well. No crashes or other problems noted. Still can't move apps to Ext sd card though.

Dick

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
*Hmph* Forgot about this thread.

Five days after the 4.1.1 update the Samsung clipboard crash bug asserted its behaviour under 4.1.1: The tablet occasionally crashing entirely when attempting to cut/copy into the clipboard. So I factory reset the thing, boxed it up for return to Costco, and cancelled my Samsung account. (I won't likely ever be needing that again.)

A bit before the first crash, I'd gone into the Samsung Notes application and examined the clipboard. There was stuff in there I never intentionally cut or copied into the clipboard, as well as what looked like blank clipboard entries. I deleted most of it.

Jim

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Seems an over reaction to me but each to their own.

Having said that, I haven't had any crash issues with mine and long may that continue.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011

Having said that, I haven't had any crash issues with mine and long may that continue.

Yeah, never had a problem. I'm not saying there may not be some, an extremely limited number, of devices that are effected by this but not really worth embarking on a crusade against Samsung.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
How is it an over-reaction to return something that's broken that the manufacturer has shown no inclination to fix?

Yeah, never had a problem. I'm not saying there may not be some, an extremely limited number, of devices that are effected by this...
It might be more wide-spread than you think. My wife and I were having dinner with close friends last night. My buddy asked me what I'd decided to do about my GT2. I told him it was getting returned. His wife, who owns a Galaxy Tab 10.1, spoke up and said "Yeah, lately mine, when I go to paste, doesn't have anything to paste any more."

So that's two out of three Samsung Galaxy tablets in my personal experience. One might be inclined to wonder how many average consumers out there have had their tablets start exhibiting the effects of the Samsung clipboard bug and just decided to live with it?

but not really worth embarking on a crusade against Samsung.
I'm not on a "crusade," per se. This thread popped back up, I'd earlier commented that I'd updated to 4.1.1 and the clipboard bug had yet to show itself again, it since did, so I updated my status. Otherwise the only comment I've made about Samsung was in a single "what should I buy" thread, where the guy said he was considering a Tab 2 or Note. I allowed as how, from my experience, I wouldn't recommend it, and mentioned what I was considering. Hardly a "crusade."

If ever I truly go on a crusade against Samsung, you'll know it when you see it ;)

Jim

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
How is it an over-reaction to return something that's broken that the manufacturer has shown no inclination to fix?
I'm more referring to the cancelling of the Samsung account because "I won't likely ever be needing that again.".
If it was me I'd return it and get a replacement.
And I thought that 4.1.2 (or is it 4.2.0?) did fix it? At least I've read that somewhere.

It might be more wide-spread than you think. My wife and I were having dinner with close friends last night. My buddy asked me what I'd decided to do about my GT2. I told him it was getting returned. His wife, who owns a Galaxy Tab 10.1, spoke up and said "Yeah, lately mine, when I go to paste, doesn't have anything to paste any more."

So that's two out of three Samsung Galaxy tablets in my personal experience. One might be inclined to wonder how many average consumers out there have had their tablets start exhibiting the effects of the Samsung clipboard bug and just decided to live with it?
All I know is that we have three SGT2 7.0s on our household and all three work fine, no issues.