Just got my replacement Vtab1008 from Vizio

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Just got my replacement Vtab1008 from Vizio.The Tablet came with .56 thank you lord! also came with charger and cleaning cloth not sure if they wanted me to send mine in with all that so now i have 2 sets of chargers :eek:

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Mine came with. 57. Wife fgave me hers with. 56 and kept the stock. So I'm rooted lol

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Was thinking of getting another one because of a dead pixel but if there is a possibility of getting one with. 57 I won't bother.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

dggolf

Feb 27, 2011
Just got my replacement and it is a 57.
It seems to be much more responsive than my original. Very happy.
The model on the box says VTAB1008-B. Called Vizio to see what the B meant.
It means it is re-certified, which is also stamped on the box.
We talked a little and mentioned that he just received an update to his tablet
running HONEYCOMB. He said we should be getting our update very soon,
possibly by end of the month. I know we have heard this stuff before but
thought I would pass this conversation along.

Also, have a question. On this tablet under settings/applications/manage applications
there is a bar at the top that says downloads,all,on internal storage and running.
I don't remember a bar like that on the previous tablet,but I didn't go there often either.

2THEXTRM

Jan 4, 2012
I bought my VTab as a recert to begin with beginning of January, received prompt to update upon first boot which I did then started hitting the forums to begin rooting only to learn that I was SOL. Fortunately lol, within couple weeks started having audio output issues(had to have headset partially plugged into jack to have external speakers function). Called Vizio, scanned copy of my receipt from authorized reseller(if they weren't you are screwed they told me!) and then did the advanced exchange. Luckily received with .56 installed, rooted and froze updater via TiBu with no problems to speak of on this unit other than an occasional self reboot.

It is nice having two factory chargers, one for my office and one for home!