Just installed Froyo (phiremod beta2) and have few questions

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I didn't want to crowd the main thread with post-install questions, so I am starting a new thread (I hope it was OK). Thanks in advance for any help!

Last night I installed phiremod beta2 (Froyo 2.2.1) and it's been working great! Even without overclocking, it already feels a lot faster and snappier than autonootered 1.1.

Here are my questions for the guru:

1. When I connect NC to my PC and enable USB storage on NC, I only see the SD card. An additional Removable Drive shows up, but it is grayed out.

2. For some reason Dolphin HD is not showing up in the market. I tried using App Brain and can locate it; however, when I click on Market, it comes up as "The requested item could not be found". Any ideas how I can install Dolphin HD Free?

3. Under settings, the available internal space is reported as 883MB; is this a glitch, or do we actually lose the available space (5GB under 1.1).

4. It doesn't bother too much, but has there been a patch/update for the black-on-black menu fonts?

5. Is it possible to install a new keyboard? If so, which one are you using?

6. Where can I find the "right" OC kernel for this ROM?

Thanks!

Last edited:

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Might I make an entirely new suggestion. Check out the thread I started on What is the best ROM? Most of your questions are answered there regarding Phiremod including links etc. But having spent days with Phiremod I just updated to Froyo emmc 668. It is SOOO much better IMHO. But all in all the experience and learning from these different roms is reward as in the journey. Have fun..

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/10052-best-rom-update-nook-color.html