Just Joined the Club!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Hi!

I just ordered a Nook Color! I am looking forward to rooting it. I have a Coby Kyros fully rooted with a custom ROM so I am already familiar with Clockwork and all. The Kyros is a very nice device but I hate that I can't read magazines on it and the touchscreen leaves something to be desired. I guess I am too used to my iPod Touch!

After I root my NC will I be able to view AVI files? I assume the full Android Market will be available, yes? And last question-is there a chance we'll get Honeycomb? I see there have been some attempts to port it over but from what I've read they are all still pretty buggy.

Excuse my noobness..will catch up ASAP! :)

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Good luck with your new nook. I find new uses for mine every day. Avi files will play but you will have to find the right player on the market. One you root the nook, yes you will have access to the full market. Take a close look at CM7 for a rom. The devs here have developed a rom for the nook that makes it an exceptional device.
As for HC, I do not think we will ever get it for the nook as google will not release the source code. Ice Cream Sandwich is just around the corner and we are all waiting for the devs to get their hands on it.
Again, enjoy your new nook and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's one of those waits that feels like forever. Congrats on your purchase I'm sure your going to love your new tablet ;)