just LIVE WALLPAPERS

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Are you running any live wallpapers on you great Nook color tablet?

If so, which ones do you run, like, love or dislike?

To get us started here is a video of showing some of the live wallpapers I have installed to my NC:

(2.2 working)
-Aquarium (like)
-Blackjack 2011 (dislike)
-Blue Skies (love)
-Bubble (could take it or leave it)
-Christmas Tree (seasonal like)
-Disease Propagation (dislike)
-Dream Cruise (a joke, dislike)
-Electric Plasma (dislike)
-Fireworks (like)
-Flags of North America (love it)
-Flames (love)
-Flurry (like)
-Galactic Core (like)
-Galaxy (it's ok, Galactic core is better)
-Grass (like, classic)
-Jumpgate (like, cool)
-Light Grid (like)
-Majic Smoke (dislike)
-Many (take it or leave it)
-Matrix live wallpaper (its ok, a bit played out these days but still cool)
-Nexus (like, classic)
-Nightflall (like)
-PongHour (dislike, just play the game)
-Silhouette (love, big nature look fan)
-Snowfall (seasonal love)
-Snowflakes (like)
-Starfield (like, classic)
-Thunderstorm (love)
-Water (like, again big nature look fan)
-Waterize Lite (like)
-WP clock light (like, although not my style)

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I really like the WP clock light. Nice and clean and keeps your clock info visible no matter which home screen you navigate to.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I had 'Seeds of Life' running for the longest time until my 5 year old daughter asked why I had tadpoles on my Nook. I uninstalled it that moment.

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Add Solar Winds to the list. I like that one a lot too and has about 6 different variations within itself

iopixel

Mar 25, 2011
Try gravitron...
Here is running on a Vega tablet:

Last edited by a moderator:

mazook98

Dec 12, 2010
These are nice...but Hyperspace 3d live wallpaper from the market absolutely crushes any LWP I've ever seen....All I use is this one now, except the animgif LWP from the market that lets U use ANY cool .gif you find on the web as your LWP...possibilities are endless with that one...Check out places like the r/gifs/ subreddit on Reddit.com or a jillion other places on the interwebs..

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I have the Spring Zen HD live wallpaper. Love it but I worry that live wallpapers have a bad effect on battery life.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have the Spring Zen HD live wallpaper. Love it but I worry that live wallpapers have a bad effect on battery life.

No need to wory about it just accept they do and move on ;) Besides with the newer CM7s the deep sleep makes up for it as long as you don't have a lengthy time out. Most of the time you are probably using an app (thus the live wallpaper isn't running) or you are in sleep mode and if you really enjoy watching the live wallpaper enough to sit and stare at it doing its thing, wouldn't that be worth the battery being used :D

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Here is a fun one that let's you see how your live wallpaper drains your battery! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appetitesoftware.batterywallpaper

f-1024-0

kz1000p

Jan 5, 2012
Is it possible to copy additional pictures into an existing Live Wallpaper? If so, where is the file contained? I downloaded a live wallpaper for a football team and would like to add pics. Thanks