Just orderd a gtab. A few questions.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Hey all!
Just ordered one. I really like the spec's. Very (spec wise) comparable to the zoom. And it not a apple product. (I do have a iphone4 and looking at getting a android phone when I become eligibile for an upgrade)
I am going to try the stock rom for awhile. Just to insure that the thing is not defective.
My questions.
1. Do we have access to the amazon app store? I will be needing Citrix reciever and amazon has it. If not does the app store for this tablet have it?
2. Will I have access to my Exchange mailbox (via active sync)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
I too recently ordered a Gtab, and Exchange support/access/ etc. was one of my top three priorities.

As Pbrauer mentioned there are several options, but I'll share what I found (and if I am wrong I'll be corrected)

Some of the custom ROMS support it, and some don't. Reportedly VEGAn ROMS seem to and TnT's don't (could be versions that change this so you'll have to see). However the majority of Android users in this forum and XDA seem to prefer using Touchdown by NitroDesk as an exchange client. It is a paid app, but there is a 30 day trial, and like other Android apps you can use it across all devices.

pbrauer has a link to the tablet edition here (30 day trial)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...exchange-client-touchdown-working-tablet.html

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Exchange is native in Android 2.2 and higher builds, but this only refers to Calendar and Email. For those users that want to add the full range of capabilities, that is what Touchdown does. It give you Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
Exchange is native in Android 2.2 and higher builds, but this only refers to Calendar and Email. For those users that want to add the full range of capabilities, that is what Touchdown does. It give you Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.

That is what I thought, but wasn't sure. Actually spent some time trying to find that out so thanks for mentioning it.

If touchdown is installed does it keep all the exchange items separate, or does it for example show up on the default calendar still like the native support does (showing both Google Calendar items and exchange items)? Essentially does it still let you view all appointments from one calendar for both (or more) accounts?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
There are two options here. In the internal native calendar there is a setting where you can select or deselect which calendars you want to see items, so you can have this be both your Google Calendar(s) and your Exchange calendar or not. In Touchdown it only sees the Exchange calendar. So....if you are like me and like to keep these both separate and don't mind have two calendars going, this is how this works.