Just picked up my XOOM today... I'll have questions.

mrwarehouse

Jul 12, 2011
I'm definitely not smart enough to know how to root, clock, or any of the other terms I've read on this board, so I got rid of my Coby and bought a XOOM so I could have the Market right out of the box as well as GPS, and Gmail.

I hope I was right.

I'm sure I'll have questions, be looking for upgrades, etc. as time goes on. Hopefully I don't annoy anyone.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum mrwarehouse. Any time you've got a question, head over to the Motorola Tablets section. Someone over there should be able to help you out.

mrwarehouse

Jul 12, 2011
Will do. Already up and running. This was too easy.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
the xoom is a very nice device.it has alot of functionality many of the cheapo tablets dont have.many of those cheap tablets can be made nice by rooting,and other customizing.

mrwarehouse

Jul 12, 2011
the xoom is a very nice device.it has alot of functionality many of the cheapo tablets dont have.many of those cheap tablets can be made nice by rooting,and other customizing.

My problem is / was rooting, etc. is totally foreign to me. I tried the Coby and used info off this site to get it close to what wanted, then I dropped it it and it broke. Tried a bigger Sylvania next with no luck. Finanly I was frusted enough to drop more money and buy one ready out of the box. I couldnt be happier....

My only question so fars is the SD card feature working on the WiFi only units yet? I'd like to know that before I buy a 32gb card. That, and whats a great cover?

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
is your honeycomb up to date?if so it should be 3.2,and that does support sd card.

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
ok lets be sure to check which version you have.open settings then click on about tablet.just be sure the android version is 3.2