Just received Wife's Le Pan from Amazon today

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
Hello all,
I just received my wife's Christmas Le Pan in mail from Amazon dot ca. It was one of the $169 ones.

Had to open just to see, and start setup. It has a 2/3 charge, and fired up nicely. Does feel a little heavy, so will see how that works out

It looks very smart. Got connected to my WiFi on first try. The touchscreen keyboard was quite responsive.

I have a Galaxy S smartphone running Android 2.2 Froyo so I hope my experience with that will help me pick good apps for this one.
I will have to pick and choose wisely, because my wife doesn't like clutter, and I dont want to slow it down with things she wont use.

I do see that there is a thread on peoples most-liked apps, so I'll be going there soon.
I have already bought a 32 gig Micro SD (class 10) so will be adding some videos and hopefully figuring out how to put Kindle books on there, instead of internal memory

Thanks for the forum, and I may be wishing that I bought myself one, though being the techie in the family, would probably get frustrated that it was stuck on V2.2

I look forward to posting my findings once it is set-up and once my wife starts using it (she WILL have to wait till Christmas!).

..Andrew

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
Welcome aboard Jules!! Thanks for the nice intro. As you will see there is so much info here your head will spin :)

Enjoy the forums!!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum. Congratulations to your wife on her new tablet, I hope you'll let her use it occasionally.:) Glad you decided to join us as a member of Android Tablets. Don't worry about your other post. We'll consider this one as your intro and the other as getting to know your new friends in the Le Pan forum.:cool: Have fun out there.