Just Rooted and having a Re-Start Issue

Moody Hammer

Feb 20, 2011
Yes, now install CWR and pre rooted 1.1

Trying to. I've downloaded Rom Manager and CWR. I'm unable to install Rom Manager. I can't even copy Rom Manager from the SD card to System/Apps. I have Allow Non Market Apps checked in NookColor Tools. Is there an APK update or install necessary?

No downloaded Apps show in Extras.

Moody Hammer

Feb 20, 2011
Trying to. I've downloaded Rom Manager and CWR. I'm unable to install Rom Manager. I can't even copy Rom Manager from the SD card to System/Apps. I have Allow Non Market Apps checked in NookColor Tools. Is there an APK update or install necessary?

No downloaded Apps show in Extras.

Well I unchecked and rechecked Allow Non Market Apps and rebooted....voila, File Manager shows in Extras and I was able to install ROM Manager. Jeez.....

Moody Hammer

Feb 20, 2011
I want to thank you guys so much for the advice and especially avi for the step by steps and links! Priceless.

I'm rooted, the firmware is current and I've made a couple of system backups.

I need to figure out how to get my yahoo mail and get my google calendars syncing.

Oh and find a rom. Not sure if I should start with Froyo or go right to Gingerbread. Any thoughts?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well I unchecked and rechecked Allow Non Market Apps and rebooted....voila, File Manager shows in Extras and I was able to install ROM Manager. Jeez.....

This is a known bug, and you don't have to reboot, but you do have to uncheck and recheck. Also, some apps don't show in the extras drawer until after a reboot, also a known bug. Not that you're rooted though, you won't be using the nook Extras drawer, you'll be using whatever launchers app drawer anyway.

I want to thank you guys so much for the advice and especially avi for the step by steps and links! Priceless.

I'm rooted, the firmware is current and I've made a couple of system backups.

I need to figure out how to get my yahoo mail and get my google calendars syncing.

Oh and find a rom. Not sure if I should start with Froyo or go right to Gingerbread. Any thoughts?

Congrats. Enjoy what you have for at least a day before doing a new ROM. This will at least get you familiar with the quircks of using Android on the NC. Then as far as upgrades, well since CM7 is moving very close to fully ready for release, keep an eye on it, and when it hits the actual Stable Release stage, upgrade to that.

Moody Hammer

Feb 20, 2011
Congrats. Enjoy what you have for at least a day before doing a new ROM. This will at least get you familiar with the quircks of using Android on the NC. Then as far as upgrades, well since CM7 is moving very close to fully ready for release, keep an eye on it, and when it hits the actual Stable Release stage, upgrade to that.

Sounds like a plan. I'll monitor these forums for the daily driver version. Thanks a ton!