Just Saw a Black Friday Deal, Cube Tablet for $0.01?!

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
Was just browsing the net for a budget tablet, someone suggested a couple Chinese brands so I checked out a few sites.. and came across geekbuying's Black friday deal Cube U39GT for $0.01! has anyone purchased from this site before? is this some sort of scam or something??

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Here's another deal? that I found now after only browzing around the net for a few minutes.

Right now on
Eversave you can get an Android Tablet for $69 (reg. $399.99) with FREE Shipping! This tablet comes in white or black with a both rear and front-facing camera. You'll enjoy access to Google Play where you can download all the best Android apps, movies, movies and books too! Order by 12/8 to guarantee holiday delivery.

Would you trust eversave.com over amazon.com, who is incidentally selling the same device for $74.95? I think not! Also, the real retail price is $139.99. And, what about the s
hipping - the write-up mentions free shipping but the italicized fine print says $10 flat rate shipping applies. Don't get duped - do your research and exercise restraint.

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
I decided to register for an account and stand by. Apparently the deal starts in an hour. Will see what happens :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The last time I saw this, the "bidding" started at $0.01 and the highest bidder got the merchandise. Good luck getting it for the starting bid, especially since their own people will probably make sure the "bidding" goes as high as they'd like it to.

getmethere

Nov 27, 2013
Yooohu....I check the site and find a really great one, CUBE U30GT2 only sell $209.99, quantity limited. So this is really a great time to buy one. No link attached, check yourself. Good luck!!

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
sounds like a good deal.. but still a bit pricy for me though. :(
still looking for a cheaper one but with decent performance and quality. hoping to get their half price deal. hehe.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Android is a free, open source operating sytem, one that anyone can use to release tablets and smartphones. This is a good thing and a bad thing. And, as a result, on days like Black Friday, the worst of the Android ecosystem comes out to play. One extremely important part of any Android device is having Google certification for apps. And, of course, the Google Play Store. What use is that tablet, if you can’t download or install any of the nearly 1 million apps from Google Play? A paperweight! Almost any sub-$100 slate won’t have access to Gmail, Google Music, the official Google Play Store, or any of those must-need applications. And, this is only half the battle. They’ll be cheap, poorly optimized and run slow, not to mention probably never see an update to the latest software.

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
Yooohu....I check the site and find a really great one, CUBE U30GT2 only sell $209.99, quantity limited. So this is really a great time to buy one. No link attached, check yourself. Good luck!!

Man, I am out of my patience and still can't decide on a tablet. This Cube U30GT2 actually looks like a good deal, specially when there are lots of good reviews.. Should I get it? and I guess you really can't find anything decent that's cheaper than $200.

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
Please help! I need advises.. What do you guys think of this tablet for $209.99?

[h=1]Cube U30GT2 10.1 inch Quad Core RK3188 Android 4.1 Tablet PC IPS Screen 1920*1200 2GB RAM 32GB BT Gyroscope[/h]
  • 10.1 inch IPS capacitive touch screen, 1920 x 1200px, 240 DPI,10 point touch;
  • Rockchip RK3188, Cortex A9 quad core, 1.8GHz;
  • GPU: Mali-400 MP4
  • 2GB DDR3/32GB Storage;
  • Support WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean(Can Upgrade to Android 4.2 In future)
  • Dual camera, front is 2.0 megapixels, back is 5.0 megapixels with autofocus flashlight
  • Support OTG HDMI Gyroscope(three axis) Bluetooth
I only need to use the tablet to view powerpoint files, and sometimes watch movies online and probably browse the internet and use social network, that's all. Oh and I have high demand for the back camera for work purposes. 5 MP should be good enough.. Most tablets don't have that high of a pixel for cameras anyway.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Every person has their own ideal or standards, I do as well any tablet over $150 must have three things or I considered it junk.
Bluetooth
GPS
Micro sdcard slot.

snow1225

Nov 22, 2013
Yo, you know what, I bought it! After wondering around different forums for weeks, well not really, more like a few days, I finally made up my mind and bought Cube U30gt2 from geekbuying! I bought it right before their Cyber Monday deals ends, thinking that the price will rise. But the price stayed the same as of now. I'm a little upset, although I don't actually have a reason to. Since I compared the tablet's price with DX, pandawill and a couple other Chinese stores, Geekbuying is at least $30 cheaper. So I hope this is the right choice. Now waiting for the tablet to be shipped. will keep you guys updated ;)