Just the logo, can't enter the OS

Discussion in 'WonderMedia WM8505 Tablets' started by smu84, Dec 6, 2010.

1. smu84

smu84 Member

I just bought this cheap epad or whatever the name.
    here's the spec :

Operating System Google Android 1.6 Model Number JX-002,JX-002b(with camera) Touch Screen 7" TOUCH SCREEN TFT LCD Display Graphics Type Integrated Graphics Processor VIA MW8505 533MHz ROM DDR11 128MB 800Mhz RAM MLC NAND 2GB. SD card slot Maximum up to 32gb Dimension (L*W*H) 207mm(L) x119mm(W) x12mm(H) LCD Display 7 inch TFT (800*480) 16:9 Touch Screen Resistive touch technology USB port Apple 30pin USB 2.0 Max speed 480MB (1) Audio port -1 Speaker 8 ohm 1.5W (2) Battery Built in 7.4V 1800MAH Li-ion Battery WIFI Yes,802.11 b/g Browser IE 6.0, Support UCWEB Video formats MP4 SP, AVI(XVID,H.263,DIVX), Flash, 3GP, H.263+WMA Audio format WMA,MP3,WAV,OOG,AAC,EAAC. Photo format Jpeg, Gif Voltage required 110/240V

the problem are, when i push the power button, there's nothing appear in the screen
    just the robot logo, and that's it.

my question are:
    is the software broken?or the hardware issue? if there's a software problem how can I reinstall the OS and fix it,(im new with android).stupid question maybe for you guys but I will appreciate any answer thks

2. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

You might be able to flash a new firm ware but from what it sounds like your tablet is bricked

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

3. smu84

smu84 Member

so its a hardware issue?where can i download the new 1.6? can you give me the link
    so there's no hope to fix it?
    thks anyway for your answer

4. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Its not a hardware issue its bad software but what device do you have because you don't want to flash a bad firm ware

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

5. JHawk19

JHawk19 Member

Go to the downloads section of SlateDroid. You can download many different Firmwares there and there are instructions on exactly how to flash/update the firmware on your tablet.

6. bambitgaerlan

bambitgaerlan Member

If I may say so, slatedroid has just reorganized its site and none of the downloads that were there before are online. Do you know of any other place (not that I haven't been googleing for the past two days) where roms can be downloaded from?